lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
vickerstam
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Club Car

Solid State Controller vs Resistor Coils

I am changing out my Resistor Coils to a Solid State Controller, but i just wanted to make sure i was not over looking something i notice in one of the Club Car diagrams the dealer gave me.
Is this an error with the diagram (attached) as the top image only shows the 2 18g wires, and the bottom image what appears to be 2 6g wires
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Solid State Controller v Resistor Coils.pdf (138.1 KB, 29 views)
vickerstam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car

The top diagram is for LOW AMPERAGE CONTROLLED solid state controller use while the lower diagram is for stock HIGH AMPERAGE RESISTOR COIL PACK for NON SOLID STATE carts. You need the TOP DIAGRAM for your conversion.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickerstam View Post
Solid State Controller vs Resistor Coils

I am changing out my Resistor Coils to a Solid State Controller, but i just wanted to make sure i was not over looking something i notice in one of the Club Car diagrams the dealer gave me.
Is this an error with the diagram (attached) as the top image only shows the 2 18g wires, and the bottom image what appears to be 2 6g wires
The V-Glide shown for the Solid State Controller does not have 6 gauge wires only the 18 gauge as shown in the top image. The one shown is a 2 wire V-Glide that came with the 0 - 5k Controller pre 1995/6. The 3 wire V-Glide from 1995/6 onwards comes with a 5k - 0 Controller.Go to www.fsip.biz/Documents/FS_1992-1994.pdf The V-Glide shown there is the one in your diagram

Last edited by Golfdog; 06-17-2011 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: additional info
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
vickerstam
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure that the lugs I marked with the red circles around them are an error in the Club Car documentation.
Yes, I am using the same diagram in my conversion.
vickerstam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solid state controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car