lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
RedRumCart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Brake question

So if I press my brake peddle, and/or lock the parking brake, I can still push my cart forward or backward.

What is the most common problem causing this? The brake line or the pads or something. I will have the body off today, so I would like a place to start the troubleshooting...

FYI, there are no batteries in the cart, if it matters.
RedRumCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Brake question

brake cables? or brakes way out of adjusment.......you,ll need to pull the drums and take a look..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
RedRumCart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the fast responce!!!

I looked over the cable, and seems ok, so I guess its the brakes themselves...

Hopefully I can figure out how to adjust them myself. haha.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:37 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

they are easy to adjust, make sure you have enough shoe and if so behind the backing plate up top theres a spud you can put a 7mm wrench on to adjust...........................
Old 10-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #5
RedRumCart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
they are easy to adjust, make sure you have enough shoe and if so behind the backing plate up top theres a spud you can put a 7mm wrench on to adjust...........................

Awesome! Thank you!
Just finished working on it for the day, but will hopefully be able to squeeze in a few hours tomorrow, and get that done.

I would have done today, but cant get the rear body off, and its pissin me off! Have everything unbolted but the two screws by the floor where your feet go, under the f/r lever. And of course I got angry and stripped them. .

Guess gonna have to drill them out. I really dont get why they put screws there, and not bolts. Oh well.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:27 PM   #6
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRumCart View Post
Awesome! Thank you!
Just finished working on it for the day, but will hopefully be able to squeeze in a few hours tomorrow, and get that done.

I would have done today, but cant get the rear body off, and its pissin me off! Have everything unbolted but the two screws by the floor where your feet go, under the f/r lever. And of course I got angry and stripped them. .

Guess gonna have to drill them out. I really dont get why they put screws there, and not bolts. Oh well.
Why do you need to take the body off to adjust the brakes? Or are you doing something else?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #7
RedRumCart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Why do you need to take the body off to adjust the brakes? Or are you doing something else?
Replacing the body. I bought a cart in terrible shape, and am in process of taking apart, thought it may be easier to deal with brakes now. Just noticed they did not work at all. Put brake on, and it still rolled easily.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:15 PM   #8
RedRumCart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Do I tighten with the parking brake on, or brakes not depressed?

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #9
eldabo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
On a club car??? was working on my brakes today and didn't see one. Mine are terrible to get them not to drag cant stop very well, to get them to stop worth a crap they drag. What gives??? sorry for h/j but i need some insight.

David
eldabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:52 AM   #10
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

what year cart? they may have changed on newer carts i don,t know.....but the carts with the 7mm do-dad parking brake off.......you may also be able to get some adjusement out of the cables that should help...........................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car