lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
cowboyjoe0602
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Exclamation G1 , switched to pre-mix and bypassed gov. now no start

if you all have any ideas it would help.
ok so i had been reading on here on mods. so i went ahead and [COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]pre mixed[/COLOR] as recommended and also [COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]bypass[/COLOR] the gov. and it ran for a short while then like choked and wont start up now.

any ideas on what it could be,

also since i have been checking it out it gets fuel and spark but the plug still gets soaked with fuel.
cowboyjoe0602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default Re: G1 , switched to pre-mix and bypassed gov. now no start

You got spark and fuel.... I suggest checking the compression. Should be around 125psi.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #3
mrtbone49
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field6565 View Post
You got spark and fuel.... I suggest checking the compression. Should be around 125psi.
mine took alot of starting fluid but started an runs great
mrtbone49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
tikicart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Never use starting fluid on a 2 stroke motor, the oil is mixed with the gas and when using starting fluid there is NO lubrication on the cylinder walls. Which will cause it to lean seize.

What ratio did you you use for our premix, I typically run 40:1, which is rich but I am also beating the crap out of mine every time I drive it, and my motor is modded like mad.

Run a compression test if its below 110 it prob wont run, will need a hone at a minimum. Also how did it run before switching? Check the pulse line from the crankcase o the fuel pump and make sure your getting a pulse when the engine is turning over.

Also if there is oil residue behind your primary clutch you have bad crank seals and this will make the engine possibly not run.
tikicart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #5
cowboyjoe0602
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

well thanx guys but i had a leak on the seal where there clutch goes, since then i have replaced the motor with another and it runs great now
cowboyjoe0602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha