lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: POLL: What gas/oil ratio do you use in your G1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by worqhors View Post
The book says it should be 128:1. To simplify matters, I use 100:1.
Which book says this? Just curious. My G1 service manual says 150:1 mix at max power with the oil injection system.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #12
mj_355
Getting Wild

I run 50:1 yamalube
mj_355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #13
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Alot of people run Yamalube, must be good stuff. You get any smoking at that ratio? Does the tailpipe drip black?
Old 10-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #14
mj_355
Getting Wild

it smokes a little bit but dont care cause I live in country so no one *******. I havent really noticed tailpipe dripping. The extra smoke doesnt bother me I love that smell. I also run a rotax powered snowmobile.
mj_355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #15
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Adding octane actually makes the burn cooler.
Slonomo is correct, higher octane fuel burns slower not hotter, ask any hot rod engine builder they will tell ya, slower burning fuel meens you can advance engine timing. Automobiles have a "knock" sensor in the engine block, whatever fuel you buy the computer adjust timing. your cart will run stronger on 87 octane because it burns faster than 92-94 octane. As a antique tractor puller, we all run 87 octane fuel to get the most out of our 50-75 year old engines.
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #16
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sorry but i wont comment on oil mix ratio, everytime i say what you should run, everybody comments on what they run or what the book says, its like politics everybody has there opinion, the only thing I can tell ya is more oil is better lubing and longer engine life, if you want more power and shorter engine life thin`er out
Old 10-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #17
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSP View Post
Sorry but i wont comment on oil mix ratio, everytime i say what you should run, everybody comments on what they run or what the book says, its like politics everybody has there opinion, the only thing I can tell ya is more oil is better lubing and longer engine life, if you want more power and shorter engine life thin`er out
I hear ya brother! It's all good. We won't hold you to anything. I'm just curious what the range of ratios people run. I also would never tell anyone "what they should run" because who am I to tell anyone what to do, right? I will, however, share my experiences, even if it's just for entertainment value LOL....
Old 10-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #18
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I like that, LOL
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha