lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
dieseldan420
Not Yet Wild

Default Adding Achime to Turn Signal Circuit E Merge 2

A while back a I read a thread where someone added a Chime to the turn signal circuit on his Tomberlin.

I have decided i would like to do that to mine. Not sure what is the best way to go about it. If there is just 1 flasher relay for both left and right turn signals It would make sense to tap in there. Has any one had any experience with this mod?
dieseldan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #2
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Adding Achime to Turn Signal Circuit E Merge 2

Has there been any response to this problem. Have a 2012 Tomberlin E Merge 2 and turn signals are a headache as they don't cancel or sound a chime. Is there a kit for a chime out? How about tapping into the signal blinker lights?
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I would think you could tap into the R and L + wire with a couple of diodes and feed that to a noisemaker. I believe tie the stripe side of the diode together to the + of the buzzer and the non stripe side to the + of each of the + R and L
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #4
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I picked that up on the internet as well. I have a 4 yr. warranty on the 2012 and have been looking for a complete kit with hook-up instructions so that I don't screw up the wiring, etc. Thanks for the response.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
Cactus Man
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Just saw this post and I too would like to make a chime sound with the turn signal. I talked with someone at the factory on how to do this. His suggestion was to tap into the circuitry in the steering column. I went and bought a turn signal replacement(clicker) from Autozone but was unseccussful with that and his suggestion.

If I could find the electronic turn signal device, maybe it is possible to swap it out with a replacement that actually clicks. This would be the best solution IMO.

I still don't understand why there isn't a selve cancelling turn sign, since they are offer for golf carts. Ugh.
Dennie
Cactus Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #6
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The turn signal module is on drivers side upper right over the battery package it is hard to locate. It cannot be replaced with regular flasher. Look back on this thread and you will find a set-up you can put together with Radio Shack parts. A place to tie in is the indicator lights on dash unit. each light has 12v and ground. be sure and identify each prior to any hookup. It's a bummer to try the steering wheel shaft location.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #7
JimVA
Not Yet Wild

Tomberlin

Found the following to be helpful ...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...d-flasher.html

If anyone does install a turn signal buzzer or chime on a Tomberlin will you please post detailed instructions and a few pictures for those of us mechanically challenged.
JimVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
turn signal mod e merge 2
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin