lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
toddfish727
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default boggs out when floored

I have a 86’ G2 Yamaha gas golf cart, I restored pretty much the whole cart The problem I am having now is if I put the pedal all the way to the floor the cart what’s to bog down and almost die, if I pull the choke out while I have it floored, the thing takes off like a scolded dog. Can anyone tell me why it’s doing this? I mean it’s obvious that it’s not getting enough gas? As closing the choke would cut off the air supply and more gas would flow into the carb? Correct?
Is the carb plugged up? Or the cables not adjusted correctly? I’m stumped here, anyone experience this or could help? I would appreciate it very much.
Thanks
Todd
toddfish727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Courtesycartguy227
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: boggs out when floored

To me it sounds like the carb has some trash in it or something. To check the cable just turn the key off hit the gas and watch to see if the throttle cable going to the carb is opening the carb all the way open. IF it isn't then try to adjust it or replace it.
Courtesycartguy227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

A couple of things to try/look for. First, disconnect the air box hose at the carb and run it, better?, then the airbox is not sealed correctly and it makes all the differance in the world. Second, check for a cracked intake manifold, if you tighten the carb nuts to tight, they do crack. I have also seen the intake manifold gasket go bad (between the head and manifold). Certinly clean the carb, since the main jet is located in the float bowel, the can get clogged easily. I use torch tip cleaners to really clean the main jet. Good luck on the bogging problem.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Smallblock has it, leaky airbox is a big issue they are very sensitive to it and they are difficult to get back on properly.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I had the same symptoms on my G9 --- turns out the plastic spacer between the carb and the engine (manifold?) was cracked. Couldn't tell until I took the carb off.
TROUBADOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
toddfish727
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

cool thanks for the all the great info, I did take the carb off and drop hte bowl and remove the main jet and cleaned it out good, and it wasn't the cleanest I've seen, I checked all the other things and its pointing towards the air box. Doesn't seem to be closed and sealing right. I'll check that next when I get a few mins to look at it again, and thank you all so very much for the good tips and advice.
T
toddfish727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha