lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #11
spydermonkey
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: g1 wont start

There is no compression. The reeds look good so Im assuming that it is the rings. Can you tell me where a good place to get the parts that i need. and are there any special tools that i will need. also is there a place i can get a manual or some where to get all the specs i will need to rebuild the engine
spydermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #12
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

your question on parts best way I have found is look in the stickies at the main Yamaha - gas page. There you will see a stickier that says part and manuals if I rember right. This sight will lead you to the part book and part numbers list which you will need to run a search.

But first you will need to take your motor pull head and even possible the jug, to see what parts are needed. With no compression there may be more problems.

special tools are a clutch puller made for a G1 ( I think if you due a search on this sight you will find some home made ideas) the pullers sell for about $35.00- $50.00 on EBay.

spec, I will be glade to look up all the spec that are in the Yamaha G1 book. but you may have more going on in side you crank case than no compression like a bad piston, block, rods bearings, crank bearings and oil seals also in some cases it is cheaper to buy new parts than pay some one to machine them or press them apart and back to gather an stay with in 0.01 inches.

Last edited by nwarren9; 12-13-2012 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: sp
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #13
spydermonkey
Not Yet Wild

yeah your right. Ill take it down and see what else is messed up. Ill look at those other posts also. Thanks for your help Ill let you know what I find!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #14
spydermonkey
Not Yet Wild

well i found the problem. The piston is messed up and the rings are broken. also messed up the jug. Talked to my friend and it turns out his kids ran straight fuel no mix before it quit.Is there an option on a four stroke swap? I got him the info on the cost to fix this one and he was wondering about a four stroke. Thanks
Old 12-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #15
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Four stork can be installed but no revers, and likely have to be rewired, new clutch to fit four stroke. look for subject on the very front of buggiesgone.com, engine swap or big block.

Before get a four stroke I would find out exactly that part numbers you need and run a inter net search,and compare prices it is likley you can use your existing clutch.

cylinder, piston and rings, crank with rode and rod bearing, crank bearings -2,oil seals-2, and clutch puller.

Putting the G1 motor back together is not very difficult just take a loot of pitchers while taking apart.

For parts list look at the "sticky" for manuals

Last edited by nwarren9; 12-17-2012 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: sp
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #16
spydermonkey
Not Yet Wild

thanks for all your help. ill keep you posted
Old 12-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #17
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

4 stroke engine and 4stroke rear end are do-able...
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #18
potater03
Not Yet Wild

go ahead and pull cyl of and bore out new piston and rings thats what i had to do .cost less than 150.
potater03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha