lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
didjidude
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default G2 fuel guage

I purchased an after market fuel gauge for my G2 and had a few questions for anyone who has done the install. The sending unit came with a rubber gasket did you use the gasket or use silicone to seal it to the tank? It also came with screws for a metal tank of course the tank on the G2 is plastic what did you attach the sending unit to the tank with? Can you wire it to the mico switch so that it only works when running (I have a habit of leaving the ignition on?)
Thanks for the help, Dave
didjidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
Phantom59
Getting Wild

Default Re: G2 fuel guage

I put a fuel gauge on my G2 last summer (best thing I did) I used the rubber gasket with a thin coating of silicone and drilled small pilot holes for the screws. Have you made the hole in the tank yet?
I don't know any way to connect the gauge to only register with the engine running. To me that would be a pain since the cart would need to be moving to check fuel level.
Phantom59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
didjidude
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Phantom for your reply. I just found some permatex gasket maker that is made to be used in contact with gasoline and hope to install it in the next couple of weeks. I think your right about the wiring I'll just have to get in the habit of turning the key off.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #4
Phantom59
Getting Wild

how are you intending on making the hole in the top of the tank
Old 12-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
didjidude
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I think I'll use a hole saw and a shop vac to try and keep the plastic out of the tank. Shouldn't be a problem any plastic that gets into the tank should float on top of the gas
Old 12-31-2012, 11:09 AM   #6
Phantom59
Getting Wild

I used a hole saw in reverse so it didn't dig as hard but I stopped short of penetration and finished with a box knife. Even with the vac there will still be shavings inside the hole saw and the plug may fall in the tank.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
didjidude
Getting Wild
Yamaha

sounds good Phantom, I'll do that.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:47 PM   #8
Phantom59
Getting Wild

It worked great for me
Old 12-31-2012, 11:01 PM   #9
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

I don't think it ill be too hard to remove the tank and flush it out after the surgery... I mean still use the shop vac idea but, rinse it out with a bit of gas? Just an idea.
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:05 PM   #10
johndgjr
Not Yet Wild

I haven't done mine yet but I found this which may or may not be the one I got. I got the one on the bottom, or one that looks like it. I don't know how to put the site on but you can copy and paste.
http://www.wemausa.com/sensors/adapt...l#SHS_Adapters
Hope this helps. The c-clamp for the lack of a better word looks like it may be just the ticket. Let me know how it works if you use it. One of these days I'll get around to putting mine on my buggy.
johndgjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha