lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
Artyman06
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Just starting with a G2 build

Hi all, this is my first Golf cart build. I have done a few old car restorations, Bike builds, but never a golf cart. Been looking for some time for the right cart to start with until a few months ago, I had a chance to get a not in so great shape G2 for the sum of $75.00. The owner bought it for parts and wanted gone as he no longer needed. As always, started taking it apart and forgot to take a all assembled before picture. Below are a few pics I managed to take. Next on the list is take the rest apart and pressure wash all that mud. can't figure how to post more than one pic, I guess I have to follow up with some more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (10.8 KB, 0 views)
Artyman06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2013, 12:21 AM   #2
Artyman06
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Just starting with a G2 build

This one picture thing is killing me....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (10.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-31-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
gray horse
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new cart. Lot of good info here and very knowledgeable people who are willing to help. Keep the pics of the build coming.
gray horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #4
Artyman06
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well now is all taken apart, cleaned, and ready for engine muck up
Almost done,

This is how dirty it was

Now all cleaned up ready for some measurements before anything gets cut or welded

More to follow
Old 02-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Welcome to the forum. Frame looks to be in great shape. Keep the pic's coming during your build.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #6
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Looks good!
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
Artyman06
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

The frame is great, the body on the other hand is a little rough. Front cowl and rear body part have a nice hole in it that will require to test my ability to work with Fiberglass one more time. The last time I did any big work with fiberglass was 23 years ago, just before I joined the Army. I'll post some Pictures of it once I get home tonight.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #8
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyman06 View Post
The frame is great, the body on the other hand is a little rough. Front cowl and rear body part have a nice hole in it that will require to test my ability to work with Fiberglass one more time. The last time I did any big work with fiberglass was 23 years ago, just before I joined the Army. I'll post some Pictures of it once I get home tonight.
Where are the holes and how large are they? May be something you can just cover up with something and make it look good. Just a suggestion.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #9
Artyman06
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Progress report:
Spriddle, forgot to take pictures of the body panels so i just went back out to the garage to show them.

Here is the front top panel

This is the back

Just received my lift kit today, so I mounted it to get the geometry right for me to start mucking the motor

Don't have the wheels yet, so I got those originals for now.
What a mess.......

Since this cart did not have the motor or the mounts, I had to get creative. Here is how the front and rear look like.
Rear:

Both:

Now the question is; I an stocked on the actual mounting since there is a big angle, any pointers or suggestions? Here is what I came of with to make the motor mounts level.

With motor mounting bracket

What do y'all think?

V/R
Ray
Old 02-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #10
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

You won't be covering those holes. What the heck did he hit or why did he cut those out???

Anyway, frame is in great shape! I notice it looks like he made a cross member for the rear engine mounts. Looks good.

For the rear body piece, you could cover that hole. Some G2's used to have a black rubber piece that went across that area.

As for the front, don't really know yet, might have to break out some fiberglass or hunt for a new front cowl. Or just leave it and turn your cart into some type of custom cart that looks like it is ripped: and really is...

Looks like you still have an excellent cart with lots of potential. My main concern would be the frame and internal parts which appear to be really good.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha