lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #1
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default 09 g29 drive belt and clutch pics

Picked up my 09 g29 and needs some performance upgrades since it have 23" tires and lift. Spent most of the evening changing the engine oil to Mobil 1 oil, chnaged the rear end final drive fluid with the yamalube 80w90 shaft fluids. Also pumped out all the old gas that was in the tank and filled up with fresh gas. The original fuel was orangish and had a different smell is why I drained it.

Now onto the clutch and belt section. My belt is completely shot at a hair less than 1" wide on the top and around 3/4" wide on the bottom. It's safe to bet that it was the original belt from the factory.

No where near the top of the sheeves.

Oem belt part number

Gave the nice people at cpp a call and ordered a new erlandson extreme duty belt, speed spring, and a power spring for the secondary to help out with the heavier tires for more bottom end.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #2
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: 09 g29 drive belt and clutch pics

With the new parts in route I went ahead and removed the secondary from the cart for a closer inspection. Comes off real easy with a 12mm socket and it just slides off the shaft. I made a redneck spring compressor to remove the snapping from the secondary to remove the spring.

It is a 13" piece of all thread. 2 nuts on the bottom with a large washer, then slide the secondary clutch through the all tread. Get a 2" PVC pipe coupling and notch it out like I did so you can access the snap ring. On top of the PVC couple I used a scrap piece of angle iron that fits across the top of the PVC. Then ontop of the angle iron is the nut that you tighten that will take tension off the snap ring for easy and safe removal.

Just a few pics of the clutch surfaces. Pretty grooved out near the top and in the center. Pics font do them justice. Most likely too damaged to be machined.

Soon asy parts arrive and I get them installed ill report back with more info.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Your secondary looks better than mine. It's not nearly as dished and no holes!
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #4
dbmachine
Gone Wild

UPDATE: well I got my belt from ccp and got it installed this morning. It was a fight to get it to roll back on for sure. Now the new severe duty erlandson belt now rides nice and flush with the secondary top sheeves. Actually the top cogs on the belt are about 1/8" above the sheeves. Immediately with just a slight touch of the gas pedal the cart will now creep forward nice and smooth. No more jerky take offs. Watching the clutches operate in neutral at wot the belt rides nice and high in the primary unlike the worn oem belt.

After watching the video on plowmans website my clutches still aren't operating like they would if I would have sent them in for machining. At wot in neutral then completely let off the pedal to let the engine die the belt will stop about half way in the secondary and not completely return to the top of the sheeves. I don't think this will be a problem but don't have the funds for plowmans to do there magic.

I will get the speed spring installed this weekend but so far the new belt is night and day difference.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha