lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
Prowski
Not Yet Wild

Default G9 rear arm suspension question??

Just got a 94' G9 to use to run around my property. Have a question about the rear arm suspension. There are two spots it connects to the frame and it looks like there are bushings in there with a bolt running through each. The passenger side connection is tight with no play but the drivers side is loose with a lot of play. It's like the hole is too big and the bolt just moves around in the hole. Is this normal? There is enough play that I can actually push up on the frame and see part of the hole. Any help to this newbie would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Prowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
Prowski
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G9 rear arm suspension question??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowski View Post
Just got a 94' G9 to use to run around my property. Have a question about the rear arm suspension. There are two spots it connects to the frame and it looks like there are bushings in there with a bolt running through each. The passenger side connection is tight with no play but the drivers side is loose with a lot of play. It's like the hole is too big and the bolt just moves around in the hole. Is this normal? There is enough play that I can actually push up on the frame and see part of the hole. Any help to this newbie would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Here is a pic of the bolt I'm taking about..it's toward the botton on the left...thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (99.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Prowski; 05-12-2013 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: Forgot pic
Old 05-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Could be a worn bushing. If the bushing is worn out it will wobble around and after a while it will cause the bolt to rub the mounting tab and make it egg shaped instead of round. I'd try to replace the rubber bushing, then weld a washer onto the outside of the mount to correct the egg shape. New bolts too.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
Prowski
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help. I was thinking along the same lines for a fix...

Tags
yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha