lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2014, 04:01 PM   #11
LSC9901
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G-1 Trailer Hitch

Thanks for the help. I ordered the one from Ebay.
LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2015, 07:16 AM   #12
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Just got one as well. Need to figure out how to install it.
blizzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:37 PM   #13
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

If it's the one I have....it's just two bolts. 9/16 wrench and 9/16 socket boom done in 10 minutes.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:10 PM   #14
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
If it's the one I have....it's just two bolts. 9/16 wrench and 9/16 socket boom done in 10 minutes.
Yup. When I posted I hadn't been under it yet so I was surprised to see that there were two holes that lined up with the hitch that I bought. I don't even think it was 10 minutes. It's very well made and fit the stock bumper perfectly. Very happy about it. I plan on using a cargo carrier with it as well as to maybe pull my tent camper in and out of the garage once I get the new clutch and spring on it.
blizzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:42 PM   #15
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Oh yeah, I love pulling trailers around with my cart. With the clone engine I can burn the tires pulling a boat out of the lake on a cement ramp, its terrible fun You don't want to get going very fast though as trailers like to jackknife a cart easily, usually when the trailer weighs a lot more than the cart of course (like a 18' 150hp outboard boat). I've had to gas on it a couple times when I turned a corner a little too fast and it starts sliding, never brake when cornering. But I was on gravel/dirt/grass there is no pavement there. I'm pretty practiced at doing things like that, and driving trailers, and do not recommend anyone else do anything unsafe. I only explain because you can move stuff that is way too big for the cart to handle so you have to be aware and be careful. If you mod the clutch the right way they will haul off with some heavy loads; I've pulled a hay wagon, car hauler, 19' V8 boat, etc. I run a new secondary with a cut sheave, umax, and 1 1/4" wide HD kevlar belt. My sheave and helix pads (old type) where shot so I replaced it all. I pulled that stuff with the stock engine, I don't have anything heavier to try with the clone but I don't want to trash the axle either.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:31 AM   #16
gymiller
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Great information Guys. I have a 16 foot flatbed trailer that I want to move around my property. I will be purchasing one of these hitches instead of trying to fab on for myself.
gymiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 07:42 AM   #17
aaron.hohl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
This is the best one I have. It's mounted to the rear frame with two existing holes. The hitch came with grade 8 hardware.
Is this receiver still available anywhere? The link provided above seems to be dead...
aaron.hohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 11:22 AM   #18
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

That was 4 years ago, you may have to dig around to find it. G1 parts are not as plentiful due to its age. You really don't need much of a hitch unless you have a lot of weight on it. A cart (with stock power) does not have enough power to warrant much hitch, and it can't hold a lot of weight on it the cart will go down. That said you can do a lot with small trailers or the type with limited weight on them such as most boats. You can pull more than you should on flat ground anyway.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 02:27 PM   #19
oldcartg1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron.hohl View Post
Is this receiver still available anywhere? The link provided above seems to be dead...
Ever find anything? I am in need of one and would like something that bolts right up.
oldcartg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 06:43 PM   #20
zannman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Same. Looking for something in 2020. Don't know if anyone is still making anything to fit...
zannman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha