lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2014, 07:01 PM   #11
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G16A keeps blowing the fuse

Don't know if I can be much help on this one. So many discripsion's of the problem, my little head is spinning. But, a 30 amp fuse is pretty high, with lights or other add on's usually 20 amp will do the job. Since the fuse is on the ground or negative voltage side, might suggest you disconnect the main battery cable at the starter/generator and push the pedal and see if the fuse blow's. If it does, most likely a short to ground some where. If it doesn't blow, might check for the negative lead touching the starter end plate. Could be an internal starter short. Did the starter get rebuilt lately? Sorry I couldn't be more help or specific. Good luck!
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #12
BonzoHansen
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Nope, starter has not been touched in a while, maybe ever.
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #13
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
I didn’t realize it had a neutral. But some quick searching shows me if I put the selector in the middle that is in fact neutral. Huh, new fact for the day lol.

“Never stops running” – I mean it never dies while it is driving. It just doesn’t restart.

It pops 30amp fuses, so something is shorting somewhere. I cannot find any chafing wires anywhere.

I’ll try checking for voltage at the fuse with key off. I thought I did but I’ll do it again.

So 15.9v running is ok? That seems high to me. I’d expect 14.7 or so running, but not as high as 15.9.

Thanks, Scott-
Yamaha spec for voltage output from starter/generator is 14.5 - 15.5 volts at the battery. Your suspicions are correct that 15.9 volts is high and the regulator might be bad. I don't think the possible bad regulator could be causing your fuse blowing problem but to be sure, you could unplug the regulator and run it to see.

You are correct, blowing a 30A is probably a short somewhere. I don't understand how you can even get the cart to run. This is a tough one if U stump smallblock!! Sorry can't be of any more help. Be sure to let us know if you find it. - RAY

Last edited by bigstik40; 10-07-2014 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: add info.
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 03:20 PM   #14
Felix Navarro
Not Yet Wild

That you fix The problem, I am facing the same situation please help
Felix Navarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 08:37 PM   #15
Felix Navarro
Not Yet Wild

I fixed just by adding ground wires from battery to frame
Felix Navarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha