lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
opie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default White smoke and gas in the crank case

My club car has run fine with no trouble until last week. There was white smoke coming from the exhaust and would not run without intermittently choking. To make a long story short I have read the posts on here and come to the conclusion there was gas running into the oil and burning out the exhaust, I drained the oil yesterday and it poured out, it was full of gas. I have read that it could be float in the carburetor or a to check the pulse line because the fuel pump has issues. Where to start? I also am not sure what the pulse line is or what I am checking it for. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: White smoke and gas in the crank case

The pulse line goes from the crank case to the fuel pump, you are checking it to see if
it is full of fuel. If so the diaphragm has ruptured.
The float may be gas soaked or there may be a piece of junk, crud in he needle seat.
Your having to choke makes me think it is the fuel pump.
See a stickie in the Yamaha section fuel pump.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
opie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the info..pulse line no fuel at all..i changed the oil and and filter put a new air cleaner in. then I took the carburetor off and cleaned it out blew air threw it and made sure there was no fuel inside the float. I put it back on and ran it. Runs great once warmed up (no choke) except for a bit of smoke that seems to be dissipate as I run it. what else could be causing this smoke? Its definitely better no but not sure if I have solves the problem or just cleaned the oil out and its running better till it fills with gas again.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You may just have some oil left in the muffler, run it a while and see>
Good luck.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:19 PM   #5
opie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

No more smoke runs a little rough till its warmed coupla of chokes the she flies. Thanks I think we for her.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #6
MonsterCrawler
Not Yet Wild

what does it mean when i have white smoke coming from the exhaust on my 82 G1? it only does it when i REALLY get on it (mudding or going uphill for a long time) but wont do it if i just take it easy. what could this be? im using the stock oiler aswell.....
MonsterCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car