lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2021, 02:41 PM   #1
Davis1996
Not Yet Wild

Default cowbell noise when cart coast to stop

2020 Gas Club Car Onward lifted. It makes a cowbell sound when you let off the gas and coast to the stop sign. Dealer is saying every car does this and it's normal. However they replaced the belt and clutch and it still makes the noise. So if all make the noise then why did they replace parts. If you use the break to stop then it doesn't make the cowbell sound.
Davis1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 05:18 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: cowbell noise when cart coast to stop

Are you talking about a continuous ringing sound, or a single ring or clink sound?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 05:41 PM   #3
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A 2020 model seems too new for what I am about to suggest, but sounds to me like the front motor mount snubber. They get worn and beat up and fall out and without it you get a metal to metal clank-a-clank sound. If you hit the brakes it pulls down tight on the frame so the sound stops. They're easy and quick to put on, and are all over e-Bay for about $6 . Hard to believe that a 2020 model should need one, but sounds like it. It's easy to look down there at the bottom of the front of the motor mount and see if it's gone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snubber-3.jpg (174.4 KB, 0 views)
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 07:12 PM   #4
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

ounds like one of the weights inside centrifugal clutch, with the key off manually spin the engine over you will hear the weights hitting the outer bell of the clutch
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car