lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
John Langer
Not Yet Wild

Default 1995 Club Car no spark

I have a 1995 Club Car. Last year when it was damp out I wouldn't get any spark and it would not fire. I have since replaced the coil and it fired right up. The cart sat for a day and then wouldn't get spark again. After sitting for an hour it fired up and I drove it all day without problem. The cart will not get spark again. Any suggestions on what it could be and where the parts are located that need to be replaced (pictures). Thanks in advance.
John Langer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1995 Club Car no spark

welcome, good chance its either the ignitor or rpm limitor or maybe both.......the rpm limitor is mounted against the front of engine below the carb......you have to look and the ignitor is in the same place but mounted to the back of the bracket that holds the limitor on.............the limitor is a black box aprox 2x2 inches......there is no way to bench test either one you have to replace with known good working parts.......but its not an uncommon problem on that year cart..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
John Langer
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. Are these parts readily available? If so where is a good place to get them from. I kind of wiggled the wires and the thing fired.
John Langer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:18 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

try some site sponsers their prices will be the same as anywhere else and yes you can get them..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car