lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2014, 09:08 PM   #1
jlloyd
Getting Wild

Default 2pg total rebuild

Ok guys, I'm rebuilding two 2pg motors at the same time, one is from a
1988 textron/Jacobsen/ezgo the other is from a 1886 marathon.
So what is the deal with the spacers on the wrist pin? the 88 has them, the 86 didn't
Also the 88 had 3 super thin spacers or shims between the crank weight and the bearing on one side, I think it was the flywheel side but I'll have to check to make sure. The 86 had nothing, but I could tell someone had done a rebuild on the 86 before..... Think they left them out?
I can understand how the spacers on the wrist pin are needed because on the 86 the weights on the crank had ground away metal on both sides of the rod as it was able to shift from side to side there is about 3/16 +- play on the wrist pin/bearings and crank needle bearings for the rod to move side to side....
Is there any place that sells these spacers??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO