lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2017, 04:27 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 engine rebuild

They all will its a matter of ignition and starting it that way. The twins all fire every 180 degrees so both cyl fire when piston up and when down. Not sure on the G1 I forget. Lot of skidoo will run backwards, lot of sleds have done that in past. The engine itself does not care. Some newer skidoo had a system that instantly changed it, they idle and poof they are reversed without quitting.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2017, 06:06 PM   #12
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

Oh joy now I will end up searching down a bigger engine for my G1. I was content with stock engine because I thought I couldn't go bigger. Darn you guys and my inability to do anything in moderation. Go Big or GO Home!!
BrutalSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 06:20 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I dunno, a 340 enticer could hit 70mph a 440 over 80-85 in a sled. 250 around 50. 340 sounded nastier is why i liked it, but got a 440 for nothing so I took it. It needs a track so not sure what I will do with it, otherwise it could run as a sled. Its a lot of power for a cart though I guess you could loosen the throttle cable if that was a problem lol.

Some people have ported a G1 and run a blaster pipe on them, I don't know how fast they go. Larger carb also helps. It can be work to figure out the right combo if you don't use a whole setup out of a sled -carb-motor-pipe- and reweld the pipe to fit. You toss other parts in there you have some work getting it tuned in. Slonomo did one also and others have posted here some are old posts, one is a yellow G1 with a jeep type front the guy built, real nice build.

If you cut the head and put a new jug (bored and piston) and advance the timing a little, the muffler is clean, they run pretty good with no governor. If you want more its going to be some work and you need to figure out what you can get or how you want it to work. Whatever you do you also need to make sure the cvt is working right on any cart or sled, or you wont get the power to the road.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:44 PM   #14
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

Not a large used snowmobile selection in California. I could search out of state but shipping would be pricey.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:54 PM   #15
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have the same problem here in Florida!

Ive lusted after a bravo 250 engine every since reading this: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-b...ckin-g1-4.html

Talked to I don't know how many people just cant seem to find anyone willing to ship and not want crazy money.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:07 PM   #16
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
I have the same problem here in Florida!

Ive lusted after a bravo 250 engine every since reading this: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-b...ckin-g1-4.html

Talked to I don't know how many people just cant seem to find anyone willing to ship and not want crazy money.
If I knew where I could find a few good engines at a decent price it would be road trip time. What the heck I am retired and bored and if I had extra engines I would just have to find carts to put them in.
Old 08-30-2022, 02:28 PM   #17
Reeves Racing
Not Yet Wild

Which phazer piston do you use? It looks like they had 2 different port shapes (2 long ovals like the stock G1 piston, but most I see online have a half moon cut in the bottom of the skirt instead of the 2 long ovals).

How much do you shave the head on the stock g1?
Reeves Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha