lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
Nate540
Not Yet Wild

Default How much is too much

Ok guys I have searched and found a lot of info and now I am even more confused. I have a 2005 precedent with the fe350. I have done the zip tie on the spring trick and did not disable the rev limiter. The first run I made it hit the limiter so I adjusted so that it does not. My question is as long as I stay off the limiter am I ok? Just so you know gps said 13mph before and 20mph after does this sound right? I just don't want to hurt the motor. Thanks for all your help

Nathan
Nate540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: How much is too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate540 View Post
Ok guys I have searched and found a lot of info and now I am even more confused. I have a 2005 precedent with the fe350. I have done the zip tie on the spring trick and did not disable the rev limiter. The first run I made it hit the limiter so I adjusted so that it does not. My question is as long as I stay off the limiter am I ok? Just so you know gps said 13mph before and 20mph after does this sound right? I just don't want to hurt the motor. Thanks for all your help

Nathan
That sounds about right Nathan. Provided you are just under the RPM limiter you should be fine. My FE290 motor is stripped of all governors and will pull close to 30 mph @ 4500 rpm. It's been like this for two years now with no problems whatsoever but it's a golf course machine so rarely gets to that. In all honesty I doubt it sees more than 3000 rpms on the course, just the occasional blast to and from the cart shed to the clubhouse takes her higher.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
Nate540
Not Yet Wild

Thanks does anyone know what RPM the stock limiter is set at
Old 03-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Thanks does anyone know what RPM the stock limiter is set at
They are all a little different Nate. Some of our golf course carts can barely make 6-8 mph while others will zoom along at 12 or so mph.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
nunjabusiness
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:

Nathan
Hi Nate,

I am looking at doing the same thing. When you say you "adjusted so that it does not" do you mean you adjusted the governor or adjusted your driving? 20 MPH is fine for what we need.
nunjabusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunjabusiness View Post
Hi Nate,

I am looking at doing the same thing. When you say you "adjusted so that it does not" do you mean you adjusted the governor or adjusted your driving? 20 MPH is fine for what we need.
sounds like he adjusted the zip tie.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
nunjabusiness
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc's BoneCracker View Post
sounds like he adjusted the zip tie.
Thanks Doc, then would it be better to use some kind of twisted wire that could then be more easily adjusted? Like gardening/landscaping ties maybe?
nunjabusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:56 AM   #8
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Nate,
Well not really because once you get the gov. set most people just leave it. One other option. skip the wire ties, and loosen the clamp on the governor arm about 1/8th in and spray with wd 40. and leave loose. Here's a thread to take a look at.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-club-car.html
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #9
Nate540
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunjabusiness View Post
Hi Nate,

Sorry for the delay but yes I just put a new zip tie on a little looser
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car