lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
Mishael
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 or 96 Carryall-II, modifying and repairing

The golf course is letting me borrow their carryall-II for the week! I'm superextraexcited. It has a few things to be concerned about though, and I would really appreciate some advice. First, I believe the governer has already been removed. I want to buy a tachometer for when I use it, just because. If someone knows of a value-priced, 2-3" dial style that works with a single cylinder, let me know! Ideally, it will be kept at a max of 4300 (unless I should keep it lower?)

Second, the muffler is shot. Is it bad to keep using it/will I lose performance if it's basically running without one? I want to get it replaced but my manager doesn't want to spend the money since its just a utility cart.

Third, I took measurements of the bed to build a utility box for it, but I neglected to get the depth of the bed. I know it's in the 6"-10" range, but I can't remember.

Any advice/ideas/information you can give me is GREATLY appreciated.
Mishael is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: 95 or 96 Carryall-II, modifying and repairing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishael View Post
The golf course is letting me borrow their carryall-II for the week! I'm superextraexcited. It has a few things to be concerned about though, and I would really appreciate some advice. First, I believe the governer has already been removed. I want to buy a tachometer for when I use it, just because. If someone knows of a value-priced, 2-3" dial style that works with a single cylinder, let me know! Ideally, it will be kept at a max of 4300 (unless I should keep it lower?)

Second, the muffler is shot. Is it bad to keep using it/will I lose performance if it's basically running without one? I want to get it replaced but my manager doesn't want to spend the money since its just a utility cart.

Third, I took measurements of the bed to build a utility box for it, but I neglected to get the depth of the bed. I know it's in the 6"-10" range, but I can't remember.

Any advice/ideas/information you can give me is GREATLY appreciated.

Big clue right there. Budget versus repair ? If he don't have the funding just hand it back no harm no foul. Nothing for nothing. Don't ever muck around with a cheap guy. Charge the cost properly and be done with it.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
Mishael
Not Yet Wild

Right, but I just came on staff a few weeks ago. I'm not replacing it out of my pocket, but I need evidence that running it without a muffler is a bad idea
Old 05-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #4
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

No muffler won't harm it but it might hurt the ears after awhile. There might be an extra build up of heat under the seat as well. Just DON'T run the engine with out any exhaust you still need the header from the engine or you will suck the exhaust valve. On my G2 when I first got it some one had welded on a crappy muffler and it fell off. Ran it for about a week like that till I could find a suitable replacement.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:33 AM   #5
Mishael
Not Yet Wild

Well it has a muffler on it. It's just basically a pipe at this point. My Plan is to replace it with an old cart that I have yet to delve into the problems it has. I just read somewhere that at least a little back pressure is what the engine prefers.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car