lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2015, 01:31 PM   #1
mtbnrulz
Not Yet Wild

Default What should I expect out of my 09 CC Precedent in terms of performance?

I would like to start by saying hi to all fellow cart members. I'm fairly new to the cart world, just picked up my 2009 Club Car Precedent 3 days ago.

I guess it would have helped if I took small engines in school to have a little understanding on how things work.

But my question is, what should I expect out of my cart in terms of performance? It's a stock gas cart. I find that I have to constantly have the pedal to the floor to go and have to constantly choke it to start. Is this normal?

It just seems i'm not getting the performance I should be. I have older carts at our park that just seem to pick up and go and leave me in the dust.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
mtbnrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2015, 01:50 PM   #2
KWO361
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What should I expect out of my 09 CC Precedent in terms of performance?

I just bought a new to me - 2008 precedent and did the zip-tie mod and really woke her up. About the chocking, I only have to choke 50% of the time on cold starting. I'm up to 25mph - GPS

Good luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC.jpg (94.9 KB, 0 views)
KWO361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:03 PM   #3
mtbnrulz
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: What should I expect out of my 09 CC Precedent in terms of performance?

Beautiful cart you got there KWO361. Thanks for the info. Would you be able to show me a picture of the zip-tie job you did?
Old 08-25-2015, 02:09 PM   #4
KWO361
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbnrulz View Post
Beautiful cart you got there KWO361. Thanks for the info. Would you be able to show me a picture of the zip-tie job you did?
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-tie-pics.html

Use the sticky's up top for more speed tips
KWO361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 04:44 PM   #5
mtbnrulz
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction! Will give it a try when I go pack up to the park for the weekend.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:21 PM   #6
Krazy-K
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Check your valve lash. We set lash on a hard to start cart at the camp ground the cart ran like new after. This was an ezgo but I'm sure the club car would be the same. We found the compression was low 70 psi after valve adjustment was back to 110-120 dry.
Krazy-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:33 PM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

An 09 Precedent may have an FE350... the FE350's have hydraulic lifters, there are no rocker/valve adjustments!
the only way to confirm that is mtbnrulz can check the bar code tag on the engine shroud.

001 (2).JPG

002 (2).JPG

AND... the compression for an FE engine should run closer to 150 to 165 psi for it to run decently!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:11 AM   #8
Rep
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here's a few close-up's of mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Extra 9 MPH view.jpg (215.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Extra 9 MPH.jpg (289.4 KB, 0 views)
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:39 PM   #9
mtbnrulz
Not Yet Wild

Yes, I have confirmed that it is the FE350.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #10
mtbnrulz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep View Post
Here's a few close-up's of mine.
Thanks Rep, I'll have to try it out next time I'm back at the park.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car