lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2019, 07:23 AM   #1
unknwn
Getting Wild

Default suitable fuel filter s for FE350

Ordering up a new pump as indicated in previous thread, There are all sorts of inline fuel filters out there but the reviews about quality are all over the place.
OE Club Car filters aren't easily accessed except through an order directly to a dealer which is never quick and almost always makes you feel like your pockets have been picked.
I've found a brand named Rotary (https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROTARY-PART...0/283307668326) that I might resort to.
Any suggestions or advice?
unknwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2019, 08:22 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: suitable fuel filter s for FE350

Just don't go too fine on the microns or it will restrict fuel flow. I have always run cheap filters on everything I own, you can get a 10 pack on ebay for like 3 or 4 bucks. I've never had a problem. Change them once per year (which is probably excessive but they're cheap so who really cares). They take a while to show up because they ship from China, but I'll order 20 or so at a time. When I start getting low, I'll order another 20 and they'll arrive before I use the rest of them. I'd rather spend $8 and have 20 filters than spend $8 on 1 filter...
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:27 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I use Wix 33011 filters on all of my carts, and a lot of other equipment I have.

I go through 30+ of these in a year with everything that I use them on and have yet to have problems with any of them. I tend to change them once a year, but they could probably go longer than that.
Cheaper filters I've had leak, split open, ends break off, filter media fall apart. I don't have the time to waste on those to save a buck.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:04 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Cheaper filters I've had leak, split open, ends break off, filter media fall apart. I don't have the time to waste on those to save a buck.
I've been using the cheap ones for years, never had that happen to any of mine. But I've got nothing but time since I just do this for fun. If I were doing it for a living and spending someone else's buck, I'd use the expensive ones too

I have had issues with filters that have a low micron rating, restricting flow to the point they barely ran (or in one instance wouldn't run at all). They were nice, because they were super small and fit in tight spots, but just didn't work out.

I say, any filter is better than no filter :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:42 PM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
I use Wix 33011 filters on all of my carts, and a lot of other equipment I have.

I go through 30+ of these in a year with everything that I use them on and have yet to have problems with any of them. I tend to change them once a year, but they could probably go longer than that.
I also use the Wix filters. Never let me down and I use a lot of them .
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:44 PM   #6
unknwn
Getting Wild

Club Car calls for 30 micron filters through their parts catalog.
I don't want to end up with filters that are prone to leakage because I am duly concerned about vehicle and/or storage building fires.
Has anyone had specific experience with the aforementioned "Rotary" brand filters.
From what I've seen, they look just like the existing ones on my Turf1 (OE club car ?? I've got no way to know since I bought it used last year).

Last edited by unknwn; 09-05-2019 at 08:45 PM.. Reason: syntax/spelling
Old 09-06-2019, 07:20 AM   #7
unknwn
Getting Wild

Of course they aren't stocking them, and ?? as to when they would be ready for pick up, but OE Club Car 102003201 Filter is $3.75 ea. .
Old 09-06-2019, 09:12 AM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

No personal experience with the Rotary brand filters. Although I'd say that one in the picture looks a bit on the small side.

I like to have a totally clear filter housing so I can see if there is sediment or water in the filter bowl.

Revolution Golf Cars is a very good option if you're looking to order online. David doesn't sell junk: https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...01-fuel-filter
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 01:49 PM   #9
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

https://ebay.us/31Jy5s

5 for $7. Seems like a deal.
Jeff McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car