lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2019, 03:31 PM   #1
unknwn
Getting Wild

Default FE350 starter belt

I've learned that the "takes the place of" Stens 265-448 Oem Spec Belt Replaces Club Car 1019167-01 is not suitable for my '06 Turf1 FE350 equipped cart.
I bought the belt this Spring and when installing it today found that it is enough shorter than the OE belt I was replacing that the starter/gen. was bound against it's mount/stop, and the belt was WAY too tight.
I put the old belt back on, called the dealer and ordered the original equipment part ($16.6?) -like I really should have done to begin with-.
I don't doubt that the belt MIGHT work OK on an FE290 (smaller driven pulley), but it's a no-go on an FE350!
unknwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2019, 07:14 AM   #2
unknwn
Getting Wild

Default Re: FE350 starter belt

After having read here that an overly tight belt would inhibit starter operation I spent the effort to find that "sweet spot" (with the old dry "waitin' to be replaced" belt ) between squealing & no engine rotation -and- too tight resulting in balky operation/ hit&miss engine rotation.
WaLa! The cart is MUCH less likely to click/sit/click when stepping on the pedal.
When I called the dealer to order the Original Equipment part he opined that the belt tension ( NOT too tight !) is very important to proper operation of the starter.
unknwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:22 AM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Not to mention the "too tight" belt doing in the bearings in the starter generator
meimk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:48 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Also having the correct belt can make all the difference.
Often aftermarket or parts store belts are too wide, which gives them less contact in the pulley and also means the effective circumference of the S/G pulley is larger, which means it needs to work harder to turn the engine.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:41 AM   #5
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

I tried a Steeleng replacement belt on mine and perhaps i didn't have the tension right, but i had nothing but issues. It would slip on the crank pulley and get caught up on the compression stroke. Seemed to me it was way too hard of rubber. I put the old belt back on it and no problems since.
Jeff McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car