lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2020, 04:53 PM   #1
Tinknocker
Not Yet Wild

Default Intermittent Fuel

Xrt 800 runs fine but will occasionally die and surge as if it is running out of fuel Turn it off and let it set a few minutes starts and runs fine. When this happens I have noticed the fuel filters are not as full. I am thinking a problem with the fuel pump. Where can I get a quality rebuild kit?
Tinknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2020, 07:54 PM   #2
RockportFish
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Intermittent Fuel

Try https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/ or https://golfcartpartsdirect.com/Store
RockportFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 09:04 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

The fuel filters are almost never full. I’d bet dollars to donuts you’re losing spark. As the coil or rev limiter cools off it will wrk again.

Letting the fuel pump “rest” doesn’t do anything for it. Unless the pulse line from the motor to the pump is filling with oil and as it sits is draining back into the case, rare but possible if there’s any “droop” in the line. It should go uphill all the way from the motor to the pump.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 10:23 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Or your vent on the tank has failed
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 07:42 AM   #5
Tinknocker
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the input.
I’m trying to help a friend with this which is over an hour away so my info is second hand. I had the cart a couple months ago replacing bushings etc. and it would act up often and the filters would be all but empty. I replaced pump with cheap aftermarket and worked well for several weeks. I thought rebuilding the existing pump that I kept might be the answer. He is not capable of checking for spark when this happens Hopefully I can replicate when I’m there
Old 01-01-2021, 09:26 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Im not saying this is the problem, but if there’s a cheap aftermarket pump on it then I’d get a genuine Briggs and Stratton Mikuni pump. They’re $25 on Amazon and same as oem but with a B&S logo tooled into the plastic. Those are what I’ve used and I’ve never had a problem. As said, it may not fix the issue but will certainly prevent future problems.

I had a similar issue to what you’re experiencing except despite fuel being in the filters the bowl was empty on the carb. I could continue to drive it if I held the choke in. I used a B&S mikuni and never had a problem again.

It’s worth checking the fuel pickup tube as well in the tank. Doesn’t take much dirt to plug it up, it’s pretty small.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:48 PM   #7
Tinknocker
Not Yet Wild

Fuel pick up is clear. The B&S fuel pump’s configuration is different than the existing pump. Did not install..
I did recheck all the hose connections And found the suction side of the pump not as tight a fit as the others. Resecured and hoping for the best.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car