lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
racinghauler
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default clutch ramp shoes

HELP!! I had shoes break off the clutch ramp and now I cant get the studs out of the ramp. Does anyone have any ideas other than removing the clutch and drilling them out?
racinghauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: clutch ramp shoes

On my G9 I had smaller holes coming from the backside and I was able to push them out with a drift and small hammer.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinghauler View Post
HELP!! I had shoes break off the clutch ramp and now I cant get the studs out of the ramp. Does anyone have any ideas other than removing the clutch and drilling them out?
I'd think taking it apart and replacing the ramp shoes and maybe changing the floating flange bushing (at least greasing it) would be to your advantage. Lord knows it may have not been grease since it was built ! I guess in a pinch you could "drive" the ramp shoe studs from the back side (the macining hole does go all the way thru the casting. Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:04 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
On my G9 I had smaller holes coming from the backside and I was able to push them out with a drift and small hammer.
Man you are a fast typer ! Dave
Old 05-12-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
racinghauler
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Ron I'll try that. I didn't want to damage the ramp by going thru the small holes. I didn't know how thin that metal was. I'll try it now.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:10 PM   #6
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Man you are a fast typer ! Dave
LOL!! I tell my wife what to type and she does it for me!! J/K!!

Glad to help racinghauler, listen to Dave about the grease!!

Old 05-12-2008, 07:26 PM   #7
racinghauler
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hey that took about 30 seconds to get them out with a drift. I will be taking it apart and greasing it though. Thanks for your help. This is my first cart and I have leaned alot but there is so much more to learn. My boys think it is great and they want to get carts and lift them and trick them out. I told them when they get to high school to take small engine class.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:42 PM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Taking a small engine class is a great place to start.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #9
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinghauler View Post
Hey that took about 30 seconds to get them out with a drift. I will be taking it apart and greasing it though. Thanks for your help. This is my first cart and I have leaned alot but there is so much more to learn. My boys think it is great and they want to get carts and lift them and trick them out. I told them when they get to high school to take small engine class.
In my opinion...Your "boy's will learn more from "you" and there on work than a small engine class ! Let them get there hands dirty, show them respect for machinery and your tools. The best lesson I learned from my dad ( he was a flightline supervisor on C124's (props) and later C141's (jets) for the airforce)..."YOU BREAK THAT MOTORCYCLE...YOU FIX IT,PAY FOR IT AND PUT MY TOOLS BACK WHERE YOU FOUND THEM ! The best lesson I ever learned ! To have my dad help put a V8 into my first car (a Vega).............Pricless!!!!!!!!!!!!! My father and may not have got along all the time (he's gone now), But the automobiles and golf cars I have built.......are because of my dad ! I'm sorry if I envaded your post. But I believe.....golf cars can be a great father/son or daughter experiance. Thanks for letting me post. Good luck on your project and let's see some pic's ! Dave
Old 05-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #10
racinghauler
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Dave;
That is great advice. My twin boys started with motorcycles when they were 9. I got them honda 70's and now they have 150's. The cart was mine but they are taking it over if I am not watching. They are learning and they tell me they want to start their own cart shop someday. I hope they do. They always want to know how I did something and how it works just like tonight witn the shoes. So I am hoping they are learning along the way.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha