lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Pissy G2

So I pulled my engine cradle off a couple days ago and pulled the wiring harness complete. It ran perfectly fine when I pulled it into the garage. I had to replace the cross member. Got that all taken care off bolted it all back together but now it fires like an old hit and miss. Pulled the plug it's sparking strong every stroke, don't have my air cleaner on, pulled my carb apart thinking something might have crawled into and still nothing. I found my vent tube going to the fuel pump was split fixed that with a new hose still nothing. I'm thinking it's deffinetly fuel related either fuel pump is shot or there is dirt in the tank that got shifted when I pulled it off. The fuel pump is pumping gas but not sure it's pumping enough. How do I tell if my pump is pumping good or not? Any other suggestions?
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Pissy G2

I don't know about the G-2 but my G-20 got to where it wouldn't run right. All I had to do was clean out the vacuum line from the crank case to the pump, just take it off the pump side and blow through it. Thats all it took to get mine running fine!!!!!1
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

click HERE for fuel pump disassembly,
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I pulled the pump, drained the tank cleaned them both thuroughly put clear lines on it so I can see the fuel flow rate. Same thing. Swapped to three different fuel pumps one stock replacement and one electric same thing. I assume now that the fuel is good and it's got to be something in the carb I missed.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #5
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

did you remove the jet/orfaces and run a cutting torch cleaner through them?
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Yup. In fact my main jet is a CPP performance jet that isn't all that old. They are both shiny clean and flow nicely. I forgot to mention I can fire it up and use the seat to hold the gas peddle then I disconnect the wire for the starter/gen solinoid so it isn't turning the motor after fire up. It will sit and idle but very ruff. If I give it any gas it stumbles and dies.

Tags
back fire, yamaha g2
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha