lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
natew121
Gone Wild

Default Clutch question

Just bought a ME29 trans axle out of a 1994 ez go just want to make sure I'm 100% before I order It as far as the clutch goes which one would. Guys say I should get 28deg or 36. Cart has a 5inch lift with 22inch tires powered by a gx390 with motor work.
natew121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2012, 05:36 AM   #2
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Clutch question

The 28 deg. will give you a slower upshift which keeps your rpm's up for good low end power which is great for the 295 or 350. With your 13 hp you could go either way. Depends on what you do with your cart, heavy pulling,steep hills or flat ground. I would use the 28, if you go v-twin later on you'll want the 36, but that is a simple cam and ramp change.
Bob
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
DonoBBD
Not Yet Wild

28's are easy to come by.

Don.
DonoBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
DonoBBD
Not Yet Wild

Ok dug up some notes on this for you.

28 degree primary and 30 degree secondary is one of the better combo's. Imagine your belt as a rubber band. As your primary pulls on it the belt thins and lengthens. As it meshes with the primary you want to be a touch lighter on angle. The belt then meshes better. The 30 degrees in the secondary give you more up shift for your given lateral shift and much cooler belt.

This biggest effect on the clutches is belt compound. You can go to a softer belt compound with more grip and the belt with thin more under heavy acceleration and stretch more on you too. A harder belt will not stretch as much will slip more in the primary and secondary then take heat to get meshing correct.

I have seen 200 rpm's different in two different belt compounds on the same clutching and gearing.

Don.
DonoBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
natew121
Gone Wild

so in a sense i should buy the 36 deg. b/c the engine should put out around 20hp or so maybe a little more depending on which route i go with the cylinder heads. and if i wanted i could just buy the HD clutch spring and send it to CPP. the overall goal for the cart was to increase the MPH.. with the gx390 stock and the old 2 stroke axle flipped(only drove forward no reverse thats what i bought a 4 stroke axle for last week..). maxed the reverse gear out it went around 17mph but had plenty of torque would literally would pull both the front tires from a dead stop a few inches on the incline of my drive way.
natew121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO