lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #1
meadowlark
Not Yet Wild

Default Adding a stereo/cd radio - speaker question

I'm in the process of adding a Clarion stereo radio to my 2003 G-Max and have most of the components but am hung up on speakers. Being cheap I'm trying to find some on ebay but don't like what available right now. But here's my question.. I have a few Cambridge Soundworks speakers (Surround II the totally enclosed kind) that would fit nicely behind my seat but not I'm savy enough to know if they would work properly. They are 8 ohm vs the normal 4 ohm but everything I've read indicates that it wouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure though.... what say you?
meadowlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2014, 09:10 PM   #2
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Adding a stereo/cd radio - speaker question

I say hook it all up before installing and see how it sounds.
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:14 PM   #3
meadowlark
Not Yet Wild

I hooked you the speakers and they work great! I then finished installing the radio based on some pics and info I found on this site - Thanks!
The attached pics show the installed radio and the speakers. (The speaker are temporarily held to the seat frame with tie wraps. I'm looking for a way to mount them without drilling into the body of the cart). If you have any ideas please let me know. TIA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0346.jpg (112.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0347.jpg (108.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0349.jpg (163.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-27-2014, 08:10 PM   #4
shaman35
Not Yet Wild

The stereo and enclosure looks great! I've got an older [94] club car I'm resurrecting, and have been thinking about a stereo myself. I've seen come speakers mounted right into the body, but wouldn't the speakers so close to the battery area get damaged easily? I like the boxes you went with...
shaman35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:42 PM   #5
1970buick
Gone Wild

Could you mount the speaker boxes with some heavy duty 3M double sided mounting tape? Like the kind for mounting trim to a car body. Or maybe even emblem adhesive. Both strong and could be removed without hurting the body
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:28 PM   #6
meadowlark
Not Yet Wild

Hi Shaman35
I don't think the speakers will get damaged being close to the battery area but time will tell.
Hi 1970Buick,
I like the idea of using double sided tape and will try it. For now I bought some larger and stronger tie wraps that seem to be working OK (don't look bad either).
As shown in the photo I just added a 12VDC digital meter and switch to the cubby hole. Since I'm using a separate battery for my lights, turn signals and now radio I thought it would be a good idea to keep an eye on when I need to charge the battery. (I did this not so much for the radio but for the turn signals. It's frustrating to flip the turn signal switch and nothing happens because the battery has been depleted).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0391.jpg (278.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-01-2014, 01:01 PM   #7
hammertime
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I bought the Yamaha mount from froghead (overhead mount) and put a pair of kicker marine speakers in it. Bluetooth pioneer deck. Sounds great!
hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha