lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2014, 12:50 AM   #1
Chief Limping Horse
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default club car that goes through...mud/water/sand/hell

So my 90 club car is a beast in mud and water or anything really. I have all the grip I need but my engine always stalls in water! I've been having major problems with this and its frustrating! Any tips for me? And yes my pipe is usually under water but as long as its running it should keep water out! I'm thinking its this or maybe the flywheel creates to much resistance in water. Or maybe golf carts aren't made for water that comes over the gas pedal any help is appreciated
Chief Limping Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2014, 01:22 AM   #2
Spudgunman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: club car that goes through...mud/water/sand/hell

So aside from all the obvious and such just giving you possible ideas of things you didn't think about (I am assuming you know how to run a motor under water)

Electrical short issue? Is your coil shorting out test your spark next time you stall out..
Spudgunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:46 AM   #3
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I've never taken my cart in water that deep, The deepest I've been in is about 3/4 up the wheel. In deeper water I wouldn't have expected an engine stall out, so much as I would have expected loss of belt grip underwater.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
Chief Limping Horse
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Believe or not I have no drive belt slip at all... The starter generator belt is another story though. Pretty sure its not electrical because it will eventually turn over if you get it on dry land and it runs perfect after that
Old 06-23-2014, 12:32 PM   #5
Chief Limping Horse
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Now that I think about it the flywheel slings water everywhere and the coil is right next to it. I wouldn't imagine water is good for it. I will make a shroud and seal some stuff and call it good. Stay tuned for pics!!!
Old 06-23-2014, 12:44 PM   #6
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

A good coating of silicone(similar to rtv)would be good for the coil and plug boot,as well as any other electric parts.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:45 PM   #7
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Have you just tried pouring water over certain components with a garden hose to see what kills it?
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:44 PM   #8
Chief Limping Horse
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I washed near the coil the other day and it had trouble starting
Old 06-24-2014, 06:40 PM   #9
Chief Limping Horse
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Now it barely runs. Rattles you to death on take off and tremendous loss on top speed. Would love to push this thing off a mountain but I live in Florida so a lake would suffice
Old 06-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #10
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Keep in mind,although they go thru a lot,they aren't designed to be an ATV.Things like the coil get weak over time,and also get small cracks in the case,which will let water in.Replace the coil if its' in question,new spark-plug,and air/fuel-filters.Water up to the floor-board is about the limit,and not for long periods.If you want to go farther or longer,proper mods need to be done to protect the motor,trans-axle,etc...The axle-vent needs to be extended up to a higher point,or water will enter the case.Don't get me wrong,setup properly they will do a lot,for many years,but they need to be setup(not pricey,High$$$ mods,just some basic off-road prep).Make sure the airbox is sealed as well,and extend the intake up,at least to the upper area of the body,if not a snorkel even,running up the seat-riser.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
budget build, club car, gas, mudding, offroad
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car