lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2019, 10:42 AM   #31
TAPatrick
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Swapping engines/G2/G9/G8/G14

Hey smallblock450sl,
Thanks for the post for engine, ignition, and minor electrical swaps. It is helpful and I understood it. *L*
I need some opinions, I have a G1 I bought and decided I wanted something newer with more options to lift. I bought a G8 with a bad motor and swapped a Duramax 18Hp into it cutting the crank and using the factory clutch. It blew up with probably 30 Hours on it. Back to square 1.
Would you rebuild the original motor or would you replace it with a pressurized BB.

Thanks for your input. Going cheap got me in this position. Can't break the bank but need to do it RIGHT!
TAPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha