lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2010, 07:08 AM   #31
genaris
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G1 muffler BBQ; Hot Pics!

Could you put it on a gas grill and get the same results??
genaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2010, 10:36 AM   #32
Freezeman
Not Yet Wild

The oil ratios I see here is interesting to me. I have a G1 that I rebuilt and pepped up a bit 9 years ago and have been running left over premixed racing fuel in it. 32/1 is generally the ratio I use in all my other racing 2 strokes.
Ya I probably wouldn't be allowed on a golf coarse with it because of the smoke yet it is jetted lean for high altitude and revs real well. IMO using less oil than you can only lubes the bottom end less. The jetting is what determines the exhaust gas temperature more so than the oil ratio. But that said, a fuel mix of 32/1 compared to say 64/1 , ran in the same machine and carb settings the 32/1 will net a leaner air/fuel ratio because there is less fuel and more oil in every gulp of air. Then with that said, too lean and too rich of an air/fuel ratio booth result in a too cold of an Exhaust temperature.
I'll have to weigh my pipe and burn it out to see my 9 years of 32/1 usage.
Freezeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:48 PM   #33
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Heres looking at a 1979 G-1 muffler. I was expecting big clunkers and blobs of residue. Realy not much in this one eh?

kcnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:30 PM   #34
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

All straighten out good as new..........
kcnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #35
REDDHOGG
Not Yet Wild

When i cook a muffler i get it red hot using gas burner from deep fryer remove it then add air to inlet using shop vac exhaust with metal end or compressed air blow gun in to inlet this will allow it to burn out all oil ,carbon, ect, muffler will glow red and get very hot,use welding gloves and be careful
REDDHOGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #36
crabbydale
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starspa View Post
After reading many posts on a muffler BBQ I decided to cook the mufflers on my 1989 EZGO and my 1981 G1. First was the EZGO, not much happened; a little smoke, but pretty uneventfull.

Next was the G1;got the fire cooking pretty good and placed the muffler in a raised position resting on two rocks. This allows the fire to burn hotter and the tail pipe to be on the bottom and facing down.

I was amazed, the tail pipe threw a torch like flame for almost 45 minutes, you can see it in the picture. After the tail pipe torch went out I turned the muffler over and cooked the other side, not much more happened.

After it cooled I gentley banged it on the concrete floor as I continued to pour burnt chunks out.

The neat thing is I had earlier asked about a puller for the clutch because I did have to continuously pull the choke when I started the motor, even after it was warm. Now it runs and starts great!! There was way too much restriction causing too much back pressure. It was well worth the effort.
Would this work on my 91 G9?
crabbydale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:22 AM   #37
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Yes, yamaha two strokes will try to move when cranking.
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #38
jtizzle
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

So my newly rebuilt 1980 G1, which had been used on a golf course, was smoking like crazy when I started taking it on long rides in our neighborhood, then suddenly stopped smoking almost entirely. Does that most likely mean that I had the muffler hot enough to burn off the old junk....just making sure I'm following all of this right. Now that it is running better and not smoking so badly should I bbq it or not?
jtizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #39
Yamaha_G1
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtizzle View Post
So my newly rebuilt 1980 G1, which had been used on a golf course, was smoking like crazy when I started taking it on long rides in our neighborhood, then suddenly stopped smoking almost entirely. Does that most likely mean that I had the muffler hot enough to burn off the old junk....just making sure I'm following all of this right. Now that it is running better and not smoking so badly should I bbq it or not?
I am very new at this but from what I have read you should be fine. If you have a loss of power then I would BBQ but if it isn't smoking and the power is good...... Roll with it!
Yamaha_G1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #40
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtizzle View Post
I don't think you got it hot enough to burn everything out. More likely you just got the engine warmed up real good and was running optimal for the conditions. It's not going to hurt anything to do it. Never heard anyone complain afterwards.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha