lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #1
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default custom club car lift for college...

hey guys! working on a new project... im putting a quad front end on my club car for a lift. im assuming it is going to be about 10-12" of lift. also putting hydro front brakes on it.. then also doing a big block swap in it.. the swap is a 18hp kohler... check it out and give me some ffed back.. ideas.. or anything.. id like some input... thanks guys!!!

more pics in the album...
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...education.html

Bad92Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: custom club car lift for college...

here is is sittin on its own for the first time.. still a bunch of fabrication necessary to make it totally stiff.. 2 more mounting plates...
Old 01-20-2010, 08:27 AM   #3
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

wow! hope this works out! does the engine run? looks a little ruff. i hope you have enough room to stuf it in there . i know you have had issue trying to find the clutch. did you ever find one/ figure that out?
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:15 PM   #4
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

yeah the engine runs great. its an 18hp kohler out of a deutz allis tractor... it only has 600 hrs on it.. so not too bad.

yeah i did find a clutch... i found a comet 94c and that was my only option so i went with it. i will be mounting the clutch to the engine tomorrow and placing it in the cart.

i completed the front lift and put on a rear lift today and will get some pics up of that later.

once i get the engine mounted and set in there properly i will have tom at cpp machine the rear clutch to accommodate the larger width belt.

that will hopefully be occurring next week or the following one. than all i need to do is make a new wiring harness and hook up some brakes! then ill tear down again and paint everything. and make some custom baja styled bumpers and make some 2" hitch receivers on the front and the rear. im thinking that this project isnt going to be over any time soon... (but im ok with that...)
Old 01-21-2010, 12:12 AM   #5
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

here are a few pics..

just a couple pics..
Old 01-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #6
Deans
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

What rear end did you wind up putting in it to get the Kohler to work?(pics...?)
Deans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #7
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

Deans... i wound up keeping the stock carry all 2 rear in it.. as i have read that is it practically indestructible... so i left it however id like to do independent rear suspension but that will not be happening on this build.. hahaha... i am going to get the rear clutch machined by tom a cpp hopefully this coming week.. here is a pic of the proposed final setup. (i know its not in there straight in this pic...)
that shaft coming out with the fork will mount on the lever off that master cylinder with adjustment holes on it to proportion the rear mechanical brakes and the new front hydraulic brakes. ill post a more clear pic tomorrow or next week once i get that task completed..

lemme know what all you guys might want to see... ill take pics for ya...
Old 01-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #8
morepower
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Bad, the stance of the carry all looks good with the IFS. I want to know more about the brake configuration when you get to it.

What do you know about the Kohler? I was under the impression that the pancake motors didnt like to rev?????
morepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:25 PM   #9
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

thanks morepower... and im actually widing the front end by 5" overall to give it alittle bit nastier of a stance... and i didnt hear that about his engine.... however i will know more about how it performs next weekend after i have this totally done and in running order to test everything before i tear it down and do all the final painting on it.. so ill def be reporting on its performance as i am very excited about this project....
Old 01-21-2010, 10:48 PM   #10
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That looks really good!!!
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car