lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2016, 01:11 PM   #11
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 empty fuel filter=bad fuel pump or tank vaccuum?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...ter-empty.html
Came across this thread and was wondering if the same thing applies for Yamaha carts. Just seems odd that the fuel filter isn't full while the pump is operating.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2016, 01:55 PM   #12
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

With a rebuilt pump with great fuel flow my fuel filter is never full maybe 1/4 at most you have to remember these things don't burn much fuel so there isn't a ton of fuel flowing
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:53 PM   #13
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...ter-empty.html
Came across this thread and was wondering if the same thing applies for Yamaha carts. Just seems odd that the fuel filter isn't full while the pump is operating.
I cant count how many people have bough a fuel pump because they saw no fuel in the fuel filter. No fuel in the filter at times is normal and how the system operate. Club Car-EZGO- Yamaha, don't matter, that's how they work.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:06 PM   #14
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ok so I just took a ride around the yard and down the street with the kids and here's what I found. After we drove around the yard for about 15 minutes I stopped and checked the fuel level in the filter...it was about 1/4 full. Took a ride down the road at almost wide open throttle and only made it about a mile and a half before it stopped running and when I looked at the filter it was bone dry. Popped the vent off and blew air into the tank to re-prime the lines and it took off again. Drove slower on the way back home and had no problems. Filter was just about empty again when I got back home but it wasn't bone dry like when it stalled out on me the first time. Is it possible that by running the motor that hard for a long stretch it will require more fuel than the pump can produce? It's almost like everything is fine if I'm "on again off again" with the gas pedal. It seems the only time I have trouble is running down the stretch at WOT.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:46 PM   #15
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

if the fuel pumping is working it is pumping enough. This aint no 600 horse motor.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:37 PM   #16
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
if the fuel pumping is working it is pumping enough. This aint no 600 horse motor.
Ain't no 600 horse power motor yet golf cart guy....YET! Hey a guy can dream right? Anyways...what I was getting to earlier....does it sound like the pump might be failing at high rpm for some reason? It just seems like it only happens when the motor is running at high rpms for awhile.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:50 PM   #17
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Look for a crack in the fuel line or the pick up tube. If you have a away of pressurizing the fuel tank SLIGHTLY, it will show if you have a fuel leak somewhere. G1 Fuel pump was great. I never replaced one.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:37 PM   #18
joeymiller
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
Ok so I just took a ride around the yard and down the street with the kids and here's what I found. After we drove around the yard for about 15 minutes I stopped and checked the fuel level in the filter...it was about 1/4 full. Took a ride down the road at almost wide open throttle and only made it about a mile and a half before it stopped running and when I looked at the filter it was bone dry. Popped the vent off and blew air into the tank to re-prime the lines and it took off again. Drove slower on the way back home and had no problems. Filter was just about empty again when I got back home but it wasn't bone dry like when it stalled out on me the first time. Is it possible that by running the motor that hard for a long stretch it will require more fuel than the pump can produce? It's almost like everything is fine if I'm "on again off again" with the gas pedal. It seems the only time I have trouble is running down the stretch at WOT.
did you ever get this figured out? I am having the same problem.
joeymiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 05:01 PM   #19
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

best thing would be to shoot him a PM
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 08:54 AM   #20
keeldridge
Not Yet Wild

my is doing the same thing, run good for a few miles and then act like it running out of gas. Let sit a minute and starts right up. How did you fix it?
keeldridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha