lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2016, 05:13 PM   #31
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ezgo PDS upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Your comparison is right - I own 2 turbo diesels a truck and a van.

Ummm - yeah I used to have a rubber ball with a drill bit type shaft.... ran it with the cordless drill and it took stickers off. I dunno where that is anymore. I can get a used body from a friend of mine... but so many projects now
I'll see if I can lift a couple off the front later.

And no on the retrofit for PDS I'm told the FNKS needs 2 free pins plus power and the PDS just doesn't have the pins.
Sell yours cheap and I'll send you a new one JB.
Sell his XCT cheap? If so, I'm interested.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2016, 05:46 PM   #32
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

PM's will be sent in a few minutes. Gotta consult with the boss.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 06:06 PM   #33
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

CFO
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:54 PM   #34
thebone
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

please help I have installed a alltrax 400 and have green light but cart will just stop and jump like it's getting very little power
thebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:23 PM   #35
hunt365
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebone View Post
please help I have installed a alltrax 400 and have green light but cart will just stop and jump like it's getting very little power
You may do better by starting a new thread. Give all info on your cart and someone will be along to help. Give year, type of drive ( series or sepex) any mods such as type of controller. welcome to BGW
hunt365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:10 AM   #36
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt365 View Post
You may do better by starting a new thread. Give all info on your cart and someone will be along to help. Give year, type of drive ( series or sepex) any mods such as type of controller. welcome to BGW
Thank you - for the good advice. We will all help thebone when we see his thread.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 02:30 PM   #37
jyorkster
Not Yet Wild

I put a red speed plug in my pds and now it goes slow . What's up with that
jyorkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:42 PM   #38
tennesseeboy
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: Ezgo PDS upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Series carts respond well to voltage increases. AN increase from 36 to 48 volts will induce the Stock motor to produce 33% more rpms. Basically an increase from 15 -20mph
But yeah these sepex carts are people mover NEV type cars with a propensity for (reasonable) speed.

Johnnie, Program wise I changed mode N to turf and 30% throttle rate (TR) and 5000 rpm limit
Mode 1 to street and same and 30% throttle rate (TR) and 6000 rpm limit
Mode 2 to street and same and 40% throttle rate (TR) and 6000 rpm limit

Results were good. start up is very soft (controllable) in mode N and comes on slowly to some good speed. This feels like a gently improved cart. Has plenty of power for steep slope start ups. Switching to mode 1 gives a snappier start and quicker acceleration Hill starts still good... may be hard to judge the torque difference here with stock tires and one rider.
Mode 2 is unchained zip & power....plenty to get you kicked out of any campground or ticketed in most GC communities. Spinning the tires on hard dirt with a rolling start.

I'll leave it here - I could recommend these settings for anyone with the same cart and voltage.

Here are some quick pics.
Laptop connected to internet for controller & software updates
Easy USB cable connect
FNKS no tools install = remove shifter hole rubber plug. Feed cable into hole and plug into controller. Put 2 side tape or supplied velcrow on switch and stick to body just below the seat. Very easy to reach down and select a new mode or adjust the regen on the fly.
Please excuse the mess... upholstery is on the list. I don't know what to do about the stickers. They cover this cart
Scotty, you're replies are a lot of help, thanks! I bought the upgrade kit from you a while back and am just now getting it completed. On the new solenoid shown in the pictures (mine's the 200A), I'm having trouble with the tiny red, yellow, and blue wires that stick out of the harness at the controller. It looks like the red wire goes on the positive post, but is the yellow wire on the top or the blue on the smaller side connections? I'm calling the top the side with the big posts. Also, I have to cut and put new connectors on those to connect them, right?

Thanks!!

Last edited by tennesseeboy; 10-04-2017 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: Typo
tennesseeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:20 PM   #39
Gibb
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

tennesseeboy, your better off posting a new thread for better results. This one goes back almost a year. List any details about your cart that u can.
Gibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:49 PM   #40
Perrykt7
Not Yet Wild

I know this is an old thread but thanks for sharing on your build Scottyb! Some good info
Perrykt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO