lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2021, 11:06 AM   #1
upacreekk
Not Yet Wild

Default Backrest Extension Kit

I just bought my first cart -- 2009 Club Car Precedent. I am 5’-7” and find the seat position very uncomfortable. I heard that CC made a backrest extension kit, Club Car Part No. 102586601 (Page 1-21 in the "Optional Equipment IPL"), but they stopped making them 8 years ago. The purpose of the extension is to bring the backrest forward 2-3" and tip it more upright at the top, so it doesn't lean back in the stock “reclined position”. The kit replaces the plastic parts, which would be damaged if the backrest were to be tilted forward. I have already tried all the major parts companies. Anybody know where I can get one of these extension kits?
upacreekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2021, 08:55 PM   #2
upacreekk
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Backrest Extension Kit

It's been a month and still no leads. Hopefully Christmas will come early this year :)
Old 11-19-2021, 09:09 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Never heard of these, but it’s likely that it was never a popular item which would be why no aftermarket company makes anything similar. Do you have a picture of them?
I don’t imagine it would be that difficult to make from wood or even steel if you can do some minor fab work.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 12:14 PM   #4
upacreekk
Not Yet Wild

The problem is that all of the original seat parts are plastic and they WILL break of they are pushed, so there is NO GIVE. In other words, nothing is adjustable. The new parts of the extension kit are metal and are adjustable.
Old 11-20-2021, 03:17 PM   #5
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

https://ddmotorsystems.com/Manuals/C...edent-2009.pdf

Page 1-20 shows the plastic seat back you have. It appears there are only two screws that secure it to the mount. If so, you can fasten a 2x4 to the holes on the seat back and then fasten the 2x4 to the mount.

If the bottom edge sits in a slot, you will need to address that also. But you may not need to since you want the seatback to be more vertical anyway. The 2x4 may give you just enough.

As Fairtax said, about the only chance you have to get something you like is to make your own by tial and error.

Have you contacted Dave Hicks @ Revolution Golf Cars, 706-431-3917, to see if he has any suggestions?
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 09:27 AM   #6
upacreekk
Not Yet Wild

The problem is that if you insert some kind of wedge in the two bolts at the top, it changes the angle of the threaded opening in the seat back. Vertical is what I want, but the bottom tabs are plastic and don't have any give -- They will break. I will call RGC. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ext Kit Description.jpg (96.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Seat Diagram.jpg (86.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-22-2021, 06:37 PM   #7
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by upacreekk View Post
The problem is that if you insert some kind of wedge in the two bolts at the top, it changes the angle of the threaded opening in the seat back. Vertical is what I want, but the bottom tabs are plastic and don't have any give -- They will break. I will call RGC. Thanks.
I was thinking more to screw the 2x4 to the plastic seat with some longer screws. Then run the existing screws through the seatback mount into the 2x4 at the angle you need. It should be as secure as original that way.

I'm not sure how the bottom tabs will be able to be modified however. If the mounts are malleable steel, they can be bent or modified. Not sure what they are.
Old 11-23-2021, 05:19 PM   #8
upacreekk
Not Yet Wild

I can do the piece(s) of wood with slanted bolts at the top rear of the seat back. THE PROBLEM IS the molded plastic tabs on the bottom, that fit into slots on the frame, which WILL BREAK if they are tilted a few degrees (to accommodate the forward tilt at the top). That's why the kit replaces them with metal tabs.
Old 11-23-2021, 05:54 PM   #9
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by upacreekk View Post
I can do the piece(s) of wood with slanted bolts at the top rear of the seat back. THE PROBLEM IS the molded plastic tabs on the bottom, that fit into slots on the frame, which WILL BREAK if they are tilted a few degrees (to accommodate the forward tilt at the top). That's why the kit replaces them with metal tabs.
Is there enough plastic on those tabs so you can grind them down to a slight taper so you can tilt the seat? It is hard for me to visualize since, as you probably figured out by now, I know nothing about the newer carts with plastic seat backs.

I'm a plywood guy myself!

Good luck finding what will work for you.
Old 02-06-2022, 05:12 PM   #10
upacreekk
Not Yet Wild

It's almost spring! Somebody has got to have one of these things!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car