lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2015, 02:21 PM   #1
buggieB
Not Yet Wild

Default DCS VS. Series?

I Have two ezgo medalists one is a 94 series the other is a 95 dcs. The DCS needs a motor and controller. The series runs good but is on factory motor and controller. I have a 4" drop axle lift that will me going on one of these carts along with 22" tires,rear seat, tow package and 4 leaf heavy duty springs. I will be using this buggie for neighborhood cruising ,around the house yard work involving towing small atv trailer and small weed spayer and the occasional light off road.Lay some knowledge on me!
buggieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2015, 02:49 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: DCS VS. Series?

Either is a good starting point for a neighborhood cruiser that does light yard & gardening work and a little mild off-road.

In general terms, the series cart will have more low end torque while the DCS will be faster, but both will do the job with the right upgrades.

I tow a small trailer (4 wheel wagon actually), drag fallen branch, cruise the roads at 28+ MPH, drive across fields and climb some fairly steep inclines with my cart, which is a PDS, but the controller I'm using was actually designed for a DCS and the same motors fits both DCS and PDS (as well as other Sepex drive cart).

Basically, a series cart is more of an off-road while a Sepex cart of more of an on-road cart, but there is a huge overlap in the middle. So it depends on which way you want the end product to lean, on or off the road.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:13 PM   #3
buggieB
Not Yet Wild

ok very helpful. i think in the end I'm going to want something more off road.
buggieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:31 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggieB View Post
ok very helpful. i think in the end I'm going to want something more off road.
The 22" tires with the stock series motor will get you about 17 MPH at 36V, but you will lose about 18% of the stock torque. To get back the lost torque you'll have to upgrade to a higher ampacity controller and solenoid along with appropriate gauge cables and F/R switch.

Going to a higher voltage battery pack will increase speed and increase torque too, which would also need the above mentioned upgrades.

In a nutshell, if you want to do more than play golf with a golf cart, you have to upgrade the drive system.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO