lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2015, 11:58 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 txt series, sol. Click no go.

If the controller has a low temperature problem it could be related to battery voltage loss at low temperature. Monitor the pack and see what the pack is dropping to when the controller 'fails'
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2015, 08:26 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Also, connecting a laptop to the controller and logging the data it provides might tell us what is happening.

The data file contains voltage, amps, temperature and error flags.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:49 AM   #13
Foot hill
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice! Diddnt know that!
Just so happens my laptop is broken :(
Should have new one next month. (My planned b-day gift)

Busman9, can you try this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Foot hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:40 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Attached is a quick & dirty .jpg rendering of a spreadsheet (without grid-lines) showing the data columns Alltrax AXE and DCX controllers produce.

Date & time columns are self explanatory

Throttle Position is the % Duty-Cycle of the PWM output.

Diode Temperature is the temperature of the M- bus bar the MOSFETs are mounted on. (This is the temperature that shuts down the controller at 95°C)

Battery Voltage is the voltage between the controller's B- and B+ terminals.

Output Current is the Instantaneous Peak Amps passing though the MOSFETs during the ON portion of the PWM Duty-Cycle. (This is the max current the motor is capable of drawing at the RPM it is spinning at.)

Battery Current is the Average output current passing through the MOSFETs. (This is what an Ammeter reads if connected in series with the motor.)

Error Flags are generated for various conditions that occur during operation. (This column is filled with "0x00" entries mostly, meaning no flags are set, but looks like I edited then out. --- Alltrax lists a few of them in the programming manual and will tell you what any others that appear means.)

Give me a yell if you can't figure out what the data means.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDF snapshot.jpg (67.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-15-2015, 07:32 PM   #15
Foot hill
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Johnnie.

Old 03-15-2015, 07:37 PM   #16
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Johnnie,I have never tried hooking a laptop to my controller. Tell me how ,Please I am thinking of replacing the micro-switch on the throttle control. Just a guess-What do you guys think?
busman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:42 PM   #17
Foot hill
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't believe that's your prob. If sol. Clicks.
I'm thinking either the ITS or controller. I just wish mine would just stop working altogether instead of this Intermittent crap. Lol

Old 03-15-2015, 07:46 PM   #18
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I agree,Drove 60 miles today and got my cart,it acted up trying to load and now that it is home it has not failed. Very Frustrating for sure
Old 03-16-2015, 08:13 AM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by busman9 View Post
1. Johnnie,I have never tried hooking a laptop to my controller. Tell me how ,Please

2. I am thinking of replacing the micro-switch on the throttle control. Just a guess-What do you guys think?
1. There is a RS232 connector (9-pin serial) under the round black cover on the front of the Alltrax controller. If your laptop doesn't have a serial port, you'll need to get a USB to Serial adapter cable to connect it to the controller.

Download the "Controller Pro" software and instruction manual here: http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_ControllerPro.html
Be sure to read the notes at the bottom of the webpage linked to. Not all USB to Serial adapters work with the Controller-Pro software.
Also, there are two versions of the software, one for controllers built before 2006 and another for later builds.

2. If the solenoid clicks when the pedal is pushed, the problem is in the high current circuit.

First step is to measure pack voltage. 100% SoC is preferred for troubleshooting, but if it is above the nominal value (36V, 42V or 48V), which is about 50% SoC, it will suffice, the cart just won't move very fast or very far.

Next step is to measure the voltage between the B- and M- terminals (M- is labeled A1 on some SepEx controllers.)

When the pedal is pushed just far enough for the solenoid to click, you should measure FULL pack voltage. (If you have a Pre-Charge resistor installed on the solenoid, having slightly less than full pack voltage prior to the pedal being pushed, is normal.)

If not, there is an open someplace in the high current circuit.
In a series cart, the most likely suspect is the high current contacts in the F/R switch, but might be motor brushes or any of the more than two dozen cable connections.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:05 AM   #20
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I can not hook a laptop to my controller (4844). I will let you know if I can diagnosis the problem. Please do the same if you figure it out. Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO