lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2015, 05:44 PM   #11
Mattm
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Installing Key for On/Off switch

I've been thinking about trying to put a push button start on mine. Anybody done something like that before?
Mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2015, 09:46 PM   #12
JPfromSD
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

there was never a key switch. I do not see it anywhere so I'm assuming there isn't one. Sorry for not explaining this right, I should be more descriptive when I'm asking for your help...Thanks again.
JPfromSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:22 AM   #13
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The original key switch would have been by your right knee next to the F/R selector. If the key switch has been removed by someone there would be a hole in the body there now.

Look right behind the hole and see if there are two small wires twisted together. They would probably have different color jackets.

In the picture, if you look right next to the back of the F/R switch you will see a small blue and a small yellow wire with spade connectors. These are the wires hooked to the key switch.

The cart in the picture is a '91 and a resistor cart. Yours being a '92 is likely a controller cart so the wiring will be a little different but the key switch would have been in the same place.

If it were me, I would be concerned about why the key switch was bypassed. I would obtain a wiring diagram for that particular cart and go through the entire thing.

Key switches are cheap and ezgo keys are universal. You could go with a unique key switch if desired.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg marathon battery compartment.jpg (178.4 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:53 PM   #14
JPfromSD
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Installing Key for On/Off switch

Thanks a lot, you were right on!!
JPfromSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO