lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2016, 08:04 PM   #31
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: install of Rola 59504 Vortex Roof Mounted Cargo Basket

Time for a modification related to this install.
The rola is installed by using clamps. Well what happens is that the rack would start to work itself loose because of all the tension placed on the clamps.
So I needed to take the tension off of the clamps and allow them to function as they were designed, to simply hold the top onto supports.
The solution, although a bit of overkill, is to weld in some pipe to connect the front and back of the roof supports.

I have the supports in now. Tomorrow I'll start drilling a few holes to feed wire. I'm going to run some led's for overhead green lights. Then I'll paint and reinstall the rack. Share more pics when complete.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160119_164143.jpg (184.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20160119_175849.jpg (239.5 KB, 0 views)
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO