lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2015, 10:19 PM   #1
twistc3
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2009 RXV Whine Any Way To Fix?

My father n law picked up a 2009 RXV that had been refurbished and he loves the cart but there is a very loud whine that seems to be coming from the rear end. Is there a way to quiet this thing down? I have a 2012 RXV and do not have this problem, it is much quieter. Please help. Thanks,
twistc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2015, 10:54 PM   #2
biggie1976
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 RXV Whine Any Way To Fix?

I know a lot of the 2009 RXV had many many issues. Google it and see if the rear end was an issue in 2009.
biggie1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Input shaft bearings & an oil.change to some 90w gear oil with friction modifier.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:29 AM   #4
twistc3
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thank you..
twistc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:07 PM   #5
xlogan7
Not Yet Wild

Use 90-120w with limited slip frictions modifier. This is straight out of ezgo tech school certification class. This will help significantly.

In my experience must of the whine noise is due to the early rxv motors. Not worth the $900 for a new one though for a slight whine.
xlogan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:13 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlogan7 View Post
Use 90-120w with limited slip frictions modifier. This is straight out of ezgo tech school certification class. This will help significantly.

In my experience must of the whine noise is due to the early rxv motors. Not worth the $900 for a new one though for a slight whine.

Taken that class twice now, what a joke! They dont want to talk about all the different gear lube selections they have tried, only about current assembly line stuff (WTH is "tractor fluid", and what is it doing in the axle? Its a lot thinner than 90w, i know that much). They also wanted to blame all noises on the spider gears, which arent doing much when you are going straight, please, ezgo, try again. I have been successfully using a concoction of roughly 50% GL5, 50% lucas oil stabilizer, and 2oz of friction modifier to get rid of "posi chatter when cold". Before anyone says "thats 100% + 2oz", i know that, thats why i said "roughly". Dont take it as anything against you, or your suggestions. Just griping about my displeasure with the class.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 06:32 AM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This is taken from Tractor Supply: Tractor Hydraulic Fluid is designed to lubricate the transmission, differential and final drive gears in tractors and implements. It is a multi-functional fluid used as a hydraulic medium, and as a power steering, power brake, power take-off (PTO), and implement drive fluid.
Features/Benefits:
Lubricate the transmission, differential, and final drive gears in tractors and implements
Provides extreme pressure and anti-wear protection
Protects against rust and corrosion
Protect tractor transmission, axles and hydraulic pumps
Controlled frictional characteristics which permit the wet brakes to hold properly and allow smooth engagement of power take off (PTO) clutches
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO