lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2016, 09:00 PM   #1
eat wake
Not Yet Wild

Default Recommendation for cart work in Mid MI

Does anyone have a recommendation for cart work in Mid Michigan? Whether it's a shop or reliable member from here, idc.

Background: I have an 88' DS that has a rattle (I think it's piston slap or rod knock), the cart still runs but I don't want to worsen the damage. I also have a complete motor from an 88 DS I got off CL (that supposedly has 2 hours on a new top end) but also has a fried stator. I would like to get one good motor up and going out of the two I have. I have some mechanical knowledge, but quite honestly don't have a lot of background in golf cart motors. The cart has been sitting with the rattle for almost 3 years so I just want to get it running from a reliable shop/member.

Any insight is appreciated.
eat wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2016, 09:35 PM   #2
Budweisr33
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Recommendation for cart work in Mid MI

wwwjbcgolfcartscom/

That's where I purchased my cart.
Budweisr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:37 PM   #3
rammunition361
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat wake View Post
Does anyone have a recommendation for cart work in Mid Michigan? Whether it's a shop or reliable member from here, idc.

Background: I have an 88' DS that has a rattle (I think it's piston slap or rod knock), the cart still runs but I don't want to worsen the damage. I also have a complete motor from an 88 DS I got off CL (that supposedly has 2 hours on a new top end) but also has a fried stator. I would like to get one good motor up and going out of the two I have. I have some mechanical knowledge, but quite honestly don't have a lot of background in golf cart motors. The cart has been sitting with the rattle for almost 3 years so I just want to get it running from a reliable shop/member.

Any insight is appreciated.
im sure it is an engine rattle but ive seen muffler bracket bolts break and stay in place and cause as knock sound before. just an fyi
rammunition361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:19 PM   #4
eat wake
Not Yet Wild

I replaced the exhaust thinking that the rotten out baffles were the cause. Unfortunately it wasn't it!
Old 03-02-2016, 05:42 AM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Have a look at the block underneath the starter generator. When these old flathead motors begin knocking, the point of contact with the crankcase is the back side of the engine block. Here's mine. I've seen at two other motors do this and have heard stories about several more:

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 12:09 PM   #6
eat wake
Not Yet Wild

Default Recommendation for cart work in Mid MI

I will certainly look for the bump and see if it's there! My motor definetly knocks, so it's good to hear it's common

On another note, how hard is it to swap out the stator on these motors??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car