lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2016, 07:04 PM   #11
Noneck
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, I have a series cart, I certainly don't know much about them but just wanted to suggest it is a possibility as it just happened me and cost me a whole weekend of aggravation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2016, 07:59 PM   #12
Tundraxd11
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 ezgo txt lifted ,motor kit problem

So my all Trax controller is a SR series. Is there any way to tell the pedal box micro switch is working? I checked for continuity and there isnt.does this mean it's bad?
Tundraxd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:45 PM   #13
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

This is the brand new alltrax series control right!?
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:48 PM   #14
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Yes, I have a series cart, I certainly don't know much about them but just wanted to suggest it is a possibility as it just happened me and cost me a whole weekend of aggravation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I'm glad to be done with mine as well but I think I was getting a light but was also not getting a solonoid click. I could be wrong in what I remember but I do think that was how it worked. My issue was a bad connection at ITS control box. Had to clean connections. Was like it wasent getting a signal.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:09 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraxd11 View Post
So my all Trax controller is a SR series. Is there any way to tell the pedal box micro switch is working? I checked for continuity and there isnt.does this mean it's bad?
The NC contacts are used, so there won't be continuity until pedal is pushed.
If you do not get continuity when the pedal is pushed, the pedal switch is bad.

Replace the pedal switch and your cart will most likely run.

Here is a clean schematic of a SR in a TXT and another with the solenoid activation circuit highlighted.

As you can see on the highlighted schematic, the voltage from the pedal switch both provide B+ for the solenoid to be energized and the B+ that powers up the SR controller

I also attached a copy of the SR operators manual which lists the normal and abnormal blink codes for the LED on page 24.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SR in TXT.jpg (250.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SR in TXT - KSI highlighted.jpg (252.9 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DOC113-014-A_OP-SR-MANUAL.pdf (1.63 MB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:47 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

At this point in time, I do not suspect the original poster has a bad controller since the conditions needed for the controller to power up are not being met, or at least their being met has yet to be proven.

I have to agree. Blue series control from alltrax has to be the SR control.
See SR solenoid activation circuit below. Nice to see we can still help BU customers here on BGW where our sponsors sell the same products for less.

In the case of the 3 burnt up F&Rs BU is selling you medium duty F&Rs as heavy duty. The whole industry buys these same HD F&Rs from Nivel Parts (who owns BU) and they are not very HD. I take these units apart and replace parts with truly heavy duty parts. My EZ575 switch really is HD and it is out there with plenty of GE 700 controllers feeding it
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:20 AM   #17
Tundraxd11
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for all the help guys I really appreciate it you guys are awsome! My micro switch in pedal box was bad and then I had signal to computer so I called alltrax and they walked me through setting up the computer as there was a throttle issue in the programming. After getting that I installed the reversing contact and eliminated the forward reverse lever. Seems to be working good now. What gauge cables do you guys use for the motor? Mine are 'heavy duty' but they still seem to get pretty warm when I get to the top of my hill. Scottyb if I ever need anything for it I will definitely be buying from you now that I know. Thanks again guys for all the help!
Old 07-30-2016, 11:26 AM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraxd11 View Post
Thank you for all the help guys I really appreciate it you guys are awsome! My micro switch in pedal box was bad and then I had signal to computer so I called alltrax and they walked me through setting up the computer as there was a throttle issue in the programming. After getting that I installed the reversing contact and eliminated the forward reverse lever. Seems to be working good now. What gauge cables do you guys use for the motor? Mine are 'heavy duty' but they still seem to get pretty warm when I get to the top of my hill. Scottyb if I ever need anything for it I will definitely be buying from you now that I know. Thanks again guys for all the help!
All 13 (or 14) of the high current cables ought to be the same gauge.

With a 500A controller, they all ought to be 2Ga or thicker.

If any are getting more than about 10°F above the ambient air temperature after a hard run or climbing a steep hill, they are either too small or defective.

Alltrax's cable recommendations are on Pg-13 of the attached SR operators manual.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DOC113-014-A_OP-SR-MANUAL.pdf (1.63 MB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 12:16 PM   #19
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

With a 700 amp controller they need to be 2gauge.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:42 PM   #20
Tundraxd11
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

If I went to 1/0 cables would that be good or over kill? Is there such thing as to big?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO