lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2016, 09:52 AM   #21
The Hurling Buffalo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 3pg Rebuild Help

Nope still floods immediately upon opening the fuel feed. Any help on how to stop flooding this thing would be super! I love posting and reading my own posts but outside input would be golden.
The Hurling Buffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2016, 10:19 AM   #22
The Hurling Buffalo
Not Yet Wild

So let me say this. I have rebuilt the top end, Replaced the fuel pump, fuel lines, fuel is pumping good! Spark is HOT from the new HEI, I am down to the carburetor... It HAS to be the problem! What are the factory specs for setting up the carb? I have the screw screwed all the way in so in theory it shouldn't get any gas but it still floods immediately when fuel is introduced. I removed the carb and am waiting further instruction from you guys lol.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:45 PM   #23
The Hurling Buffalo
Not Yet Wild

Ive completely disassembled the carb and cleaned and inspected each needle valve and seat and it looks completely flawless to me and seals as far as sucking and blowing through a hose by mouth. I set the screw to one turn out and am gonna put it on one more time to see. Wish me luck. If you are reading this!
Old 09-16-2016, 03:22 PM   #24
The Hurling Buffalo
Not Yet Wild

Ok so it runs but the linkage is a bit off so I am going to make a new rod that actuates and closes fully.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:01 AM   #25
rocket427
Not Yet Wild

Turning the screws isn't going to fix a flooding issue.
Either the needle and seat are bad, the float is bad,
or the float is set to high
rocket427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 06:10 AM   #26
rocket427
Not Yet Wild

The needle could be clipped on the float wrong
not letting it close. You could take the float bowl off
While blowing thru the fuel line, raise the
Float with your finger to see if it stops
The air flow. If it's a brass float, remove it and shake
it to see if you can hear liquid in it. The seam
Might have gone bad
rocket427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:30 PM   #27
The Hurling Buffalo
Not Yet Wild

Yeah I set the float and tested it and it felt like it sealed good. I looked at the needle valve and seat under my microscope and saw nothing that would alarm me. I am wondering if its possible that it's creating too much case pressure now and forcing fuel past the needle seat? I ordered a new carb for $20 to see if perhaps the needle is just worn in a way I cant see. If it is still doing it I was wanting to check the fuel pressure but what is the standard fuel pressure the carb should be?
Old 09-18-2016, 07:34 PM   #28
The Hurling Buffalo
Not Yet Wild

It runs great as long as I can keep the fuel cut down but it starves under extended or any load due to only being able to regulate with the fuel cut off valve and it starving. I am also running break in fuel so I'm sure that isn't helping me at all.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:56 AM   #29
my1423
Gone Wild

What fuel pump did you use? The original or an after market?
The original has very little pressure and nearly all after market car pumps have to much pressure. Including most vacuum pulse pumps. They will override the float and needle and flood.

You will need to get a low pressure fuel regulator and set it to the lowest pressure setting.
my1423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:51 PM   #30
The Hurling Buffalo
Not Yet Wild

Great! I just put the new carburetor on and it literally floods as soon as I turn the gas on at the shutoff. I took the new carb off I took the bowl off and the thing seals up perfect. I cant imagine it would have so much pressure sitting not running would it? I am truly at a loss on this thing at this point and have no flipping clue what to do next other than throw some more parts at it. I guess I'll be trying to find a **** fuel pressure regulator now...

Please think of any other parts I might be able to throw at it. I am made of money thats why I work on my own stuff.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO