lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2016, 01:49 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 13 precedent dying suddendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
When my batteries were doing that this is what I found. The charger would go through its normal charge cycle and shutdown. After shutdown the batteries would drop below 50.9. So when you unplugged the charger it would flash indicating not fully charged. It's explained in the chargers owners manual better if I wasn't clear. Anyway it looks like you need batteries.
I agree
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2016, 07:35 PM   #12
reelyaddicted
Not Yet Wild

So after a full charge let it sit for 8-12 hours before getting a voltage reading? Seems odd for an accurate charge reading
reelyaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 08:02 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelyaddicted View Post
So after a full charge let it sit for 8-12 hours before getting a voltage reading? Seems odd for an accurate charge reading
The voltage needs time to settle. You don't want to measure the surface charge. Batteries charge at a much higher rate than they're rated. A 48 volt battery pack can charge up around 60 volts. As soon as the charger turns off, the voltage will begin to drop and will finally stop at it's fully charged voltage. This is what you want to measure.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 08:32 PM   #14
reelyaddicted
Not Yet Wild

Gotcha thanks for the info. Going to try and let it sit tomorrow so I can check it
Old 09-16-2016, 08:58 PM   #15
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Make sure the controller wires are tight. Had one, that the wires were loose, would heat up quick and throw the car into thermal shut down.. Worth a look
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:32 PM   #16
reelyaddicted
Not Yet Wild

Still new to electric golf carts which controller and where is it? I've checked all the obvious wires and connections under the seat that I could see and all were tight
Old 09-17-2016, 08:23 AM   #17
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Controller is in the back
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:03 PM   #18
reelyaddicted
Not Yet Wild

Battery pack is 51.2v lowest individual battery was 8.1v after sitting for almost 20 hours
Old 09-19-2016, 06:19 PM   #19
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelyaddicted View Post
Battery pack is 51.2v lowest individual battery was 8.1v after sitting for almost 20 hours
No there is no way that you are getting an accurate reading here... If you were getting a reading of 51.2 volts which is well over 100 % SOC when you have a lowest reading of 8.1 volts which is roughly 50 % SOC AKA DEAD... This would mean that your remaining 5 batteries are holding 8.62 volts when they should be holding no more than 8.49 volts...

Now I will take it back by saying that the only time I've ever seen batteries show more voltage than they were supposed to is when they have an internal short to which when you ask them to deliver voltage they flat out FALL to the ground voltage wize... Had a lawn mower battery do this to me when you hit the key it wouldn't even click the solenoid...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SOC%20new.jpg (84.9 KB, 0 views)
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:24 PM   #20
reelyaddicted
Not Yet Wild

Well I get the beeping when it starts to roll down a hill as a warning. I didn't unhook each battery to check the battery to check each as I was short on time but I definitely got the right readings I did them twice.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car