lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2016, 10:57 PM   #1
CartMnky
Not Yet Wild

Default Charger/Receptacle help!!

I have a 2001 club car ds that I recently picked up to do a rebuild on. It's pretty obvious this thing has been hacked on for most of its life so I'm trying to get it out back right. That being said....

The cart is an 01, with an OBC and everything I've seen says its supposed to have a round 3 prong charger receptacle, however it only has a two prong crowsfoot style. I was given a charger with that that is a lestronic 2 that has a matching crowsfoot plug. Now the charger has seen better days and while it does seem to work, I'm not sure how well.

So what's the proper course of action here? All of the wiring is hosed and needs to be replaced and I'm not one to cut corners so I want to do it properly.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie!!
CartMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2016, 09:36 AM   #2
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Charger/Receptacle help!!

If it has a crowsfoot, i don't think it has an obc.

Is it 36 volt? Verify the year of the cart, and read the voltage label on the charger to start with.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:37 AM   #3
CartMnky
Not Yet Wild

It is a 48v cart and has a 48v charger. And 6 8v batteries. It also has the obc with the cable running through it
Old 09-23-2016, 10:50 AM   #4
bird6246
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

The crows foots were used on Yamaha and early EZ-GO, You are correct you do need the round receptacle. With that being said, you could change the charger cable, but its old, i would think about going with a new "smart" charger from Dpi.
bird6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:11 PM   #5
CartMnky
Not Yet Wild

but if I were to go with a "smart" charger, doesn't that negate the need for the OBC anyway? My concern is that it has this connector because the OBC is faulty so whoever butchered this cart did so to bypass that. I know it charges now. And I'd hate to spend money to put it back to the round plug only to find that it now needs an OBC to function properly.

How can I test the OBC?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car