lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2017, 08:47 PM   #51
8mpg
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Brand new steeleng 14" rims and 23"tires ride like crap !!

Great info...Im hoping to order soon and hope I dont have to go through this.
8mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2017, 09:54 AM   #52
xxcfdrr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Most all of these golf cart tires are bias ply, meaning no steel belts inside to keep them true and of the same diameter like a DOT approved automotive tire. They are not designed for the smoothest ride. They are mostly ATV tires that have become popular on golf carts. I am replacing a set of Sierra Classics today that have lasted 3 years with major miles on them. While they looked nice, they rode like crap from new and have worn unevenly eventhough I rotated them. They would get a bad flat spot if the cart wasn't driven for a week but the flat spots would go away but not if it was cold out. This is classic bias ply. If you are looking for a familiar ride like in your car, you'll need to get radial golf cart tires. They do make them but your very limited in sizes and styles. I am installing 245/50/12 Street Fox's today and will report back with some pictures and ride quality.
xxcfdrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:39 AM   #53
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
FWIW:

My new tires were "out of round" when first installed. Teeth chattering at speeds above 15MPH.

Jacking up cart and spinning tires while holding a stick close to them showed they weren't round.

Called the local tire store that installed them and they suggested deflating the tires until the sidewalls bulged to the point that the tread to rim height where the tire touched the ground was less than half the height it was at the top of the tire. Drive slowly, avoiding bumps and rough ground, until tires have made a dozen or so complete rotations and then inflate back to proper air pressure.

Did as suggested and tires are round now.
Sounds like good advice. I think you were probably suffering from the tyres not being seated properly on the bead. Driving like that with low pressure would have re-seated them before you pumped the tyres back up. A good method to remember. Thanks.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO