lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2017, 09:40 AM   #1
bowersbig
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Replaced wires and now cart won't move.

I have a n 04-TXT that I have been upgrading. I bought new wires to put on. As I was doing this I broke a copper connect stud. Got the new stud put everything back together and now it won't move. I labeled all the wires and replaced them one at a time to makes sure they are in the right place. It clicks when the pedal is pushed. I have followed the Technician's Repair and Service Manual 28469-G01. I have 37.5 volts everywhere. I get to step 43 and I only have 10.6 Volts. It says the fix is Correct Wire Problem in Direction Selector. I have no idea what this means. I have attached a pic. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5311.jpg (213.5 KB, 0 views)
bowersbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2017, 11:05 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Replaced wires and now cart won't move.

The contacts between B and C aren't making good contact.

Was either the B or the C stud the one replaced?

BTW, the manual you are using is for an earlier model year than you have.
You can download the correct manuals here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

The three PDF files near the top are the Owner, Parts and Service manuals for your cart.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:18 AM   #3
bowersbig
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for the correct manuals.

It was stud A that I replaced. Now that new stud was a little longer than the others and I just hit it with the belt sander to make it as long as the rest.

I will troubleshoot using the right manual after lunch.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:07 PM   #4
bowersbig
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Still in the same boat. Something between B- and C post is not right.

I pulled the front off and sanded the Copper post face to get good contact.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:33 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Attached is a schematic with the current path through the F/R assembly and motor highlighted.

There are four stationary contacts and two set of two moveable ones on the rotating cam. Starting at B+ on controller, amps flow to the A stud, through one of the two bus bars on the cam to D. From the D stud to the stator coils in the motor and back to stud B. From B. it ought to flow through the other bus bar on the cam to stud C, but it isn't getting there, or at least not all of it.

Two sets of contacts between B and C. (B to bus bar on cam and bus bar on cam to C.)

If you are using a DVM with an input impedance of 1MΩ, getting 37.5V on stud B and only 10.6V on stud C, there is roughly 3.5MΩ of resistance somewhere between stud B and stud C.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series- No A2 -Hi-Current traced.JPG (57.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by JohnnieB; 04-06-2017 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: added attachment
Old 04-06-2017, 02:44 PM   #6
bowersbig
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the help and the link to the right manual. I took the cam apart and cleaned everything up and put it back together and I am good to go.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:58 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO