lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2017, 12:06 PM   #1
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Sudden lost of power on xct400

When driving I get sudden lost of all power every so often (5-10 times per ride). The second I let go of the peddle all the way I regain power. All connection are tight and I even replaced mcor just in case. Running a xct400.

Thanks
yannicksjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2017, 02:18 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Sudden lost of power on xct400

First guess (since you checked all the connections) would be the solenoid/contactor.

If not, I would be looking for a short or ground somewhere around the pedal assembly and go from there.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:32 PM   #3
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
First guess (since you checked all the connections) would be the solenoid/contactor.

If not, I would be looking for a short or ground somewhere around the pedal assembly and go from there.

I checked all connections for shorts\grounds.

So a solenoid can just drop out when driving? It doesn't click when I lose power so dont think its the selenoid. Just weird that as soon as I let go of the peddle and repress it its fine.

My batteries are 3.5yrs old so probably going to replace soon. They do seem to charge fine but woukd a bad or weak cell cause lose of amperage while driving?

Can it be a setting in the programming? I left under voltage at factory settings so not sure if its getting under voltage and temporary shuttng down. What is the purpose or rpm range? Im running a FNKS switch with min\max rpm in each setting

Thanks
Old 07-30-2017, 06:36 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannicksjh View Post
I checked all connections for shorts\grounds.

So a solenoid can just drop out when driving? It doesn't click when I lose power so dont think its the selenoid. Just weird that as soon as I let go of the peddle and repress it its fine.

My batteries are 3.5yrs old so probably going to replace soon. They do seem to charge fine but woukd a bad or weak cell cause lose of amperage while driving?

Can it be a setting in the programming? I left under voltage at factory settings so not sure if its getting under voltage and temporary shuttng down. What is the purpose or rpm range? Im running a FNKS switch with min\max rpm in each setting

Thanks
You are correct, if it drops out you would usually here it. Especially if it is a 400 amp.

3.5 year old batteries should not be giving you any type of problem if they have been maintained and charged correctly.

I !think that if you get the under voltage that the lights flash that code to let you know it occurred. Someone else can confirm if I am mistaken.

But you may be on to something; can it be a program setting taking you out(?) scottyb and TahoeDawg71 plays with them a lot with their sales and may know something.
Do you have a custom map or anything special for your cart or motor choice in the controller?

What year is your cart? I just remember reading something from TahoeDawg about a diode that was needed in the harness of some of the early IQ carts that caused them to drop out.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:59 PM   #5
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
You are correct, if it drops out you would usually here it. Especially if it is a 400 amp.

3.5 year old batteries should not be giving you any type of problem if they have been maintained and charged correctly.

I !think that if you get the under voltage that the lights flash that code to let you know it occurred. Someone else can confirm if I am mistaken.

But you may be on to something; can it be a program setting taking you out(?) scottyb and TahoeDawg71 plays with them a lot with their sales and may know something.
Do you have a custom map or anything special for your cart or motor choice in the controller?

What year is your cart? I just remember reading something from TahoeDawg about a diode that was needed in the harness of some of the early IQ carts that caused them to drop out.

The cart is an 02' and the fileildmap I'm using is directly from alltrax for the motor im using (admiral mot-2).

I was told to not use a diode for this controller (I did use one on my older dcx400). Wonder if someone can chime in to clarify or confirm whether or not to use one.

Batteries have been well maintained since day 1 using a DPI charger.

Thanks
Old 07-30-2017, 07:59 PM   #6
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I think the 02 carts had the problem where they needed a drop out harness that puts a diode in line with the tow run switch. That may be your problem. Do a search about it.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:08 PM   #7
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
I think the 02 carts had the problem where they needed a drop out harness that puts a diode in line with the tow run switch. That may be your problem. Do a search about it.
Exactly. Only 2002 (first year IQ) carts were plagued with this issue. A solenoid dropout harness from CC solves the issue.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:21 PM   #8
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Exactly. Only 2002 (first year IQ) carts were plagued with this issue. A solenoid dropout harness from CC solves the issue.
Never had the issue with stock controller or the dcx400. Only started once I installed the new xct400. So what do I need to install?
Old 07-30-2017, 08:30 PM   #9
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Main Dropout Harness - 102355201

David at a Revolution Golf Cars can get you fixed up.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:45 PM   #10
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

[QUOTE=jakesnake27;1414361]Main Dropout Harness - 102355201

David at a Revolution Golf Cars can get you fixed up. [/QUOT

So even with never having issues in the past with my last controller I could still need the drop out harness. By the look of the connections it goes after the mcor?

Looks like a cheap part either way.

Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car