lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2017, 04:55 PM   #1
fishandfly
Not Yet Wild

Default Curtis 1268-5411 in 2012 Ezgo Express S6 - Tired of getting passed by teenage girls.

I'm looking for advice on which route I should take to get my big ezgo to exceed 16mph. I'm tired of being passed by teenage girls. I see that there is an Altrax sepex controller that I could swap into, and Altrax says I could get 22-23 mph but what are my options with my current controller?
fishandfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2017, 07:25 AM   #2
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Default Re: Curtis 1268-5411 in 2012 Ezgo Express S6 - Tired of getting passed by teenage gir

Unfortunately that particular model number, since it is OEM specific for EZGO, has the speed limited to 14mph in the programming. Even having a handset won't do you any good here. You could try a high-speed magnet but this will also eliminate regen and possibly cause erratic behavior. I haven't personally tried this method however issues like this have been reported with the clubcar's 1515.

Alternately the 1268-5502 would pretty much be a drop in replacement with an extra 100A and a speed *allowance* of up to 40. The capability of that motor (assuming you have stock) should be about 20~21 if it's run at its rated field map. If you go this route get it from someplace that can setup the programming for you unless you have an OEM handset.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts