lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2017, 12:05 PM   #1
pinball 44
Not Yet Wild

Default 1200 work horse fuel problem

ok guys! I have a 2003 1200 ezgo workhorse with a Robin engine, with a fuel problem! it start with it has 160 lb compression on both cylinders, had the carb off & every thing was ok there. I have replaced the fuel pump at least twice! fuel lines are good, I have cleaned the crank case breather & it is still doing the same thing! you run it four or five blocks & it starts running out of fuel! have also checked the fuel pickup in the gas tank & it is in good condition & open. it just seems to not getting enough gas after you burn what is in the carb & fuel filter, oh yes I have replaced that too!
any body got any ideas? before I destroy it?
pinball 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2017, 09:46 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1200 work horse fuel problem

Loosen the gas cap, and see what happens.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:12 AM   #3
pinball 44
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: 1200 work horse fuel problem

been there done that & no help! I am now toying with the idea it might be something electrical! it starts to mess up & slows the engine down enough so it doesn't get enough fuel! can't really test the ignition when you are going down the road, but it does have fire when I get it back hone where I can check it. if & I say if this be the case it may not be fuel at all! make sense to any one?
pinball 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:04 PM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1200 work horse fuel problem

Carry a spark plug wrench with you when it acts up pull the plug if it's wet it's ignition related if it's dry it's fuel related
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO